want to access system parameter

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4
100 sign-ins 10 questions asked 25 replies posted

Hi,

Is it possible to access the system parameter ( block 15 ) from the external MCU? 

In my case, I want to change the protocol from MCE to User UART after uploading the parameter file in MCE mode through an external MCU.

Thanks

Mathan

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @MathanRaja,

Yes, You can read the system parameters.

In my case, I want to change the protocol from MCE to User UART after uploading the parameter file in MCE mode through an external MCU.

Using the STM32  program the iMotion device with the new parameter file with InterfaceConf0bit[2:0]   = 1 ( USER UART) for changing to USER UART mode.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @MathanRaja,

Yes, You can read the system parameters.

Using the STM32  program the iMotion device with the new parameter file with InterfaceConf0bit[2:0]   = 1 ( USER UART) for changing to USER UART mode.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Krupashankar,

I have updated the system configuration in block 15 through stm32 using the device programming method.

Now I can change protocol mode from MCE to User UART. But,

How to change the protocol from User UART to MCE through stm32?

Thanks

Mathan

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi  @MathanRaja,

MCE UART can be accessed only for a short duration just after the boot-up process( If UART0 is configured as USER UART). Please try uploading a new parameter file with  InterfaceConf0bit[2:0]   = 111 ( MCE UART) immediately after booting iMOTION device.

Please follow the step mentioned in the document  to switch UART mode using MCE Designer: Switch UART mode for iMotion devices - KBA235121

Please let us know if any further details are needed.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Krupashankar,

I know this already, But I have already uploaded the parameter file through stm32 while in MCE mode. Once the upload is done. I have changed UART0 as User UART through stm32 by accessing page15. then I able to control the motor.

But now I want to change from User UART to MCE through stm32 if I use the same board for another motor that time i want to upload a specific motor parameter file.

so is it possible to change the protocol mode from user UART to MCE through an external MCU?

Thanks

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @MathanRaja,

so is it possible to change the protocol mode from user UART to MCE through an external MCU?

Yes Please follow below method:

• Power off iMOTION completely 
  • Program the iMOTION device with new parameter InterfaceConf0bit[2:0]   = 111 ( MCE UART) immediately after booting iMOTION device.

This helps to switch UART mode to MCE UART using STM32. MCE UART can be accessed only for a short duration just after the boot-up process( If UART0 is configured as USER UART).

Please let us know if any further details are needed.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Krupashakar,

You meant to say, I have to start from the write parameter command on page 15 with MCE configuration.

am I correct?

Thanks

0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Do I have to follow device programming steps or something else?

without MCE mode how to do device programming? 

Thanks

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @MathanRaja,

Yes, Please follow the device programming method. MCE UART will be accessible for a short time just after boot( Even though configured as USER UART). Please send Device programming commands just after boot to access MCE UART.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
MathanRaja
Level 4
Level 4

I have already tired. But there is no response.

How long it is in the boot?

0 Likes

Hi @MathanRaja,

iMOTION devce stays in the boot for 200ms within that duration you can access the MCE UART with programming commands.

For more details please refer to : iMOTION™ 2.0 Device Programming

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes