iMotion Link useable for interfacing with custom board with IMC101TF and 5V power supply?

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aneedles
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 questions asked 25 sign-ins

Hi,

Is it possible to use the iMotion Link for interfacing a PC virtual serial port with a custom board using the IMC101TF048XUMA1 and 5V power supply? I will be using the User UART, and possibly the MCEDesigner UART on the IMC101TF. I want to be sure the iMotion Link TX and RX lines are compatible with 5V, which we are using for the IMC101TF and other logic on our custom board.

How would I set this up? I see a jumper(?) JP1 on the iMotion Link schematic that selects between 5V and 3.3V. I see this also called a resistor in the user manual, so I think it is a zero ohm resistor that gets soldered into one of two locations?

I would want the 5V option, so presumably just move the resistor from the 3.3V side (default) to the 5V side?

Please let me know if there are other considerations.

Thanks,

Aaron

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @aneedles,

I want to be sure the iMotion Link TX and RX lines are compatible with 5V, which we are using for the IMC101TF and other logic on our custom board.

Yes, TX and RX lines of iMotion link compatible with 5V logic. 

How would I set this up? I see a jumper(?) JP1 on the iMotion Link schematic that selects between 5V and 3.3V. I see this also called a resistor in the user manual, so I think it is a zero ohm resistor that gets soldered into one of two locations?

If you are powering IMC101TF048XUMA1 externally then you don't need to power it from iMotion link. So you don't need to change the resistor setting. 

Krupashankar_0-1650606721454.png

You should turn this switch OFF then IMC101TF048XUMA1 will powered externally( 5V) and you will able to connect using iMotion Link.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @aneedles,

I want to be sure the iMotion Link TX and RX lines are compatible with 5V, which we are using for the IMC101TF and other logic on our custom board.

Yes, TX and RX lines of iMotion link compatible with 5V logic. 

If you are powering IMC101TF048XUMA1 externally then you don't need to power it from iMotion link. So you don't need to change the resistor setting. 

Krupashankar_0-1650606721454.png

You should turn this switch OFF then IMC101TF048XUMA1 will powered externally( 5V) and you will able to connect using iMotion Link.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes