Announcements

Register now for the most anticipated Asia Pacific Power Seminar 2022

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

Motor Control ICs Forum Discussions

aneedles
Level 3
First like given First like received 10 replies posted
Level 3

Hi all,

I am looking for information and guidance on how to use current (or voltage) control mode to run a motor in open loop mode. I understand that the CtrlModeSelect needs to be set to 1 for Current Control Mode.

When the motor is enabled, what controls the startup sequence to get the motor to the minimum speed for detection of rotor angle for commutation?

I understand that IqRef_Ext would be used to set a torque-producing current, is that right?

I am currently using MCEWizard to set the controller into Current Control Mode and then MCEDesigner to load the params and Run the motor. But I am clearly missing something since the motor lurches and faults.

Is there documentation from Infineon or elsewhere on how to get a sensor-less motor running in this mode?

Thanks in advance,  Aaron

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
Moderator 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @aneedles,

You could refer to section 3.1.1 Current loop initialization of document: Driving high inertia loads with iMOTION™2.0 

Please let us know if you need further details.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Krupashankar
Moderator 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @aneedles,

You could refer to section 3.1.1 Current loop initialization of document: Driving high inertia loads with iMOTION™2.0 

Please let us know if you need further details.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes