Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PaulojM
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 100 sign-ins First like received

Hi everyone,

I have a question related to the EVAL-M3-IM564, in the user manual it says that the input voltage is from 165V to 265V, but in my project i will need to have an input of 110V 60Hz or 220V 50Hz.

PaulojM_0-1707740176175.png

1 - What changes would i need to make to the eval circuit to be able to use both 110V 60Hz and 220V 50Hz?

2 - What would be the implication on the output power?

3 - Would i need to change configurations for the motors, or only PFC?

Best Regards,

Paulo

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vicky_S
10 likes received 5 likes given 100 replies posted

Hello @PaulojM ,
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delayed response.
We do not recommend using the evaluation board outside of its specified ratings. However, if it is necessary to use the board for 110VAC input, we suggest keeping the input current less than 12Arms, which would translate to a power input of approximately 1300W. Moreover, it is important to tune the PFC and reduce the undervoltage protection from 165VAC to the desired value in order to use the board at this voltage.

Please note that we cannot guarantee the operation of the evaluation board beyond its specified ratings.

Best regards, 
Vicky S

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vicky_S
10 likes received 5 likes given 100 replies posted

Hello @PaulojM ,
We apologize for any inconvenience caused by the delayed response.
We do not recommend using the evaluation board outside of its specified ratings. However, if it is necessary to use the board for 110VAC input, we suggest keeping the input current less than 12Arms, which would translate to a power input of approximately 1300W. Moreover, it is important to tune the PFC and reduce the undervoltage protection from 165VAC to the desired value in order to use the board at this voltage.

Please note that we cannot guarantee the operation of the evaluation board beyond its specified ratings.

Best regards, 
Vicky S

0 Likes