Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Motor1
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First question asked Welcome!

I'm using IMI111T IC. I'm trying to connect to Imotion Solution Designer, but it's not connecting.

1. Install as an all user item during the program installation process.
2. Microsoft Visual was already installed, so I moved on.
3. Program writing is successful through the Programmer Tab through the I Motion Link.
4. Restart connecting when you go to the Dashboard -> Failed to connect with the target

I've replaced the IC about 2 times, and I tried with 3 laptops, but the same result came out.
Please advise connect.

#IMI111T 

#i motion

0 Likes
1 Solution
SarkarSushru
10 likes received 100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi @Motor1 ,

Please let us know the following:

1. Is the User/Host Comm port selection configured as UART0? In such case, programming will be possible but communication with iSD will be lost after that and the “Target not connected” message will be displayed. If UART0 is not used as user UART, you can try the following once the “Target not connected” message pops up:
  • Turn the switch to the OFF position on the iMOTION™ Link.
  • Click Connect and wait for up to two seconds.
  • Turn the switch to the ON position on the iMOTION™ Link and check if the connection is established
  1. If the latest version of the iMOTION Solution Designer (1.3.0.202311280958) is used
  1. If the latest SD pack(v5.3.07) is used.
  2. Is the 3.3V supply on the iMOTION Link on? It is recommended to turn off the iMOTION Link power supply, when the board is already powered on with external supply.

Please let us know if this helps or you are still facing the issue.

Thanks,

Sushruti

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SarkarSushru
10 likes received 100 sign-ins 25 solutions authored

Hi @Motor1 ,

Please let us know the following:

1. Is the User/Host Comm port selection configured as UART0? In such case, programming will be possible but communication with iSD will be lost after that and the “Target not connected” message will be displayed. If UART0 is not used as user UART, you can try the following once the “Target not connected” message pops up:
  • Turn the switch to the OFF position on the iMOTION™ Link.
  • Click Connect and wait for up to two seconds.
  • Turn the switch to the ON position on the iMOTION™ Link and check if the connection is established
  1. If the latest version of the iMOTION Solution Designer (1.3.0.202311280958) is used
  1. If the latest SD pack(v5.3.07) is used.
  2. Is the 3.3V supply on the iMOTION Link on? It is recommended to turn off the iMOTION Link power supply, when the board is already powered on with external supply.

Please let us know if this helps or you are still facing the issue.

Thanks,

Sushruti