TLE7181EM need 20 seconds to set GH1 high

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
liuhaidong202
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi, I am testing TLE7181EM with MC9S12G48.

when I set PWM pin to high level(5V, 100% duty cycle), TLE7181EM needs about 20 seconds to set GH1 or GH2 to high(16V). Setting GH1 or GH2 to low seems right.

Configuration is as below: ENA = true, DRVDIS = false, DIR = true or false, PWM is always true or false, then power up the Vs pin.

Can I conclude that it is caused by hardware?   can this be caused by dead time?(in the datasheet it seems that max dead time is 6 us)

What is the initialization sequence for power on of TLE7181EM?

thanks a lot!

0 Likes
1 Solution
yananwang
5 solutions authored 5 replies posted First question asked

Dear liuhaidong202,

here I see two issues in the application:

• The maximum dutycycle of TLE7181 high side is 95%,defined in datasheet page 1:'0 … 95% at 20 kHz & 100% duty cycle of high-side MOSFETs'.  So, we suggest to define a 50% dutycycle for testing.
  • TLE7181 needs a special initial sequence, or wakeup sequence, please refer to datasheet4.1.8. If this sequence is  not correctly defined, the product can't be initialized and will not work

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
RupakC
100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 25 likes received

Hi @liuhaidong202 

In case you are using a custom board, can you please send us your schematic such that we can find a solution to your problem ?

Thanks and Regards

RupakC
0 Likes
yananwang
5 solutions authored 5 replies posted First question asked

Dear liuhaidong202,

here I see two issues in the application:

• The maximum dutycycle of TLE7181 high side is 95%,defined in datasheet page 1:'0 … 95% at 20 kHz & 100% duty cycle of high-side MOSFETs'.  So, we suggest to define a 50% dutycycle for testing.
  • TLE7181 needs a special initial sequence, or wakeup sequence, please refer to datasheet4.1.8. If this sequence is  not correctly defined, the product can't be initialized and will not work
0 Likes