Problem in tuning MCEWizzard Parameters

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
mhnasseri
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I am using IMD111T for driving a PMSM Motor. My hardware is based on "REF_FRIDGE_D111T_MOS" board. Because the maximum power of this board is lower than the rated power of my motor, I have modified the board and replaced the Mosfets with higher-rated IGBTs (IPN60R1K0PFD7S). The schematic and PCB of the modified board are attached to this post. I have measured the PMSM motor parameters and entered their values in MCEWizard. But I have a problem with tuning parameters related to the hardware, such as "Current Regulator Bandwidth", "Flux Estimator Time Constant", "Speed Feedback Filter Time Constant",  "Speed Regulator Proportional Gain",  "Speed Regulator Integral Gain", "Flux PLL Out of Control Fault",  "Over Modulation", "Motor PWM Type", "Inverter Dead Time",  "Total Bootstarp Cap Charge Time", "Gate Driver Propagation Delay",  "Type of Single Shunt Current Sensing", "Minimum Pulse Width".

With the selected values for these parameters, the motor is run, but the acoustic noise is notable and the noise increases when the speed goes above a threshold, i.e. 300 rpm. (The max motor speed is 1200 rpm) 

How should I choose appropriate values for these parameters? Is there any document that explains the procedure for calculating these parameters based on the hardware?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi

The following document gives a good explanation of the parameter configuration and calculation.
iMOTION – MCE – Software Reference Manual v1.3 
Please let us know if any further help is required.

Best Regards

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Viswa
10 likes received 50 solutions authored 100 replies posted

Hi

The following document gives a good explanation of the parameter configuration and calculation.
iMOTION – MCE – Software Reference Manual v1.3 
Please let us know if any further help is required.

Best Regards

0 Likes