Experiencing Power Stage Configuration and Current Sensing Issues with IMC101Q048 and IM393 Modules: Seeking Community Advice for Troubleshooting and Resolution

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
CarolJenkins
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

Hello Infineon community, I am writing to ask for help regarding some issues I have been experiencing with IMC101Q048 and IM393 modules. I am new to using these modules and have been facing some problems while trying to run them. Specifically, I have been encountering issues with the power stage configuration, and I have not been able to get them to work as intended.

I have followed the instructions provided in the user manual and have tried various configurations, but the problem persists. Additionally, I have also noticed some issues with the current sensing circuit, which has been giving me readings that do not seem to be accurate. I am concerned that these issues may be related, but I am not sure how to troubleshoot them.

Therefore, I would like to ask the community for advice on how to resolve these problems. Are there any specific configurations or settings that I should be aware of when working with these modules? What are the common causes of power stage configuration and current sensing issues, and how can I identify and address them?

Additionally, I would appreciate any guidance on how to effectively troubleshoot these modules. Are there any tools or resources that I can use to diagnose and resolve these issues? Finally, if there are any recommended resources or courses that I can take to deepen my understanding of these modules and related concepts, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help and guidance, and I look forward to hearing from you!🙏

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @CarolJenkins,

Sorry for the delayed response.

For calculation of offset voltage and current sensing parameters please refer to Calculation of iMOTION™ ADC offset voltage – KBA235410

Can you please let us know the following:

1. Which is the tool being used to program the iMOTION device?
  2. What is evaluation board being used? If a custom board is used can you please share the schematics of the power/Control board
  3. What is the fault occurred?
  4. Can you please list down the problems faced?

This will help us to identify the exact problem.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @CarolJenkins,

Sorry for the delayed response.

For calculation of offset voltage and current sensing parameters please refer to Calculation of iMOTION™ ADC offset voltage – KBA235410

Can you please let us know the following:

1. Which is the tool being used to program the iMOTION device?
  2. What is evaluation board being used? If a custom board is used can you please share the schematics of the power/Control board
  3. What is the fault occurred?
  4. Can you please list down the problems faced?

This will help us to identify the exact problem.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes