BLDC Motor Control with EVAL-M1-101T and EVAL-M1-05F7804R

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
guin22
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Can I use an Eval-M1-101T Controller Board and Eval-M1-05F804R Power Board combination to run a BLDC Motor? I am trying to XING-E 2306 1700 KV BLDC (datasheet attached). I already have the controller board and I am deciding on the power board. From the discussions in other questions, I saw that one of the options was Eval-M1-05F804R. I was wondering if there are any other board which I should look into.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @guin22,

Yes, Eval-M1-101T Controller Board and Eval-M1-05F804R Power Board can be used to control XING-E 2306 1700 KV BLDC motor. For the given voltage range of 25V Eval-M1-05F804R power board is suitable and the maximum power rating of the power board is 240W (10A RMS current) without a heat sink.

Krupashankar_0-1658818430853.png

Please refer to user manual for further information:EVAL-M1-05F804R-UserManual

Please let us know if any further information is needed.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @guin22,

Yes, Eval-M1-101T Controller Board and Eval-M1-05F804R Power Board can be used to control XING-E 2306 1700 KV BLDC motor. For the given voltage range of 25V Eval-M1-05F804R power board is suitable and the maximum power rating of the power board is 240W (10A RMS current) without a heat sink.

Krupashankar_0-1658818430853.png

Please refer to user manual for further information:EVAL-M1-05F804R-UserManual

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
guin22
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi @Krupashankar , Thank you for your reply. I have a few more questions. I tried to create a .mc2 file with this controller and power board combination but I am having few issues. Could you please look into my calculation of pole-pairs and Ke to see if  it is correct ? 

Ke = 0.250 (for the scope image attached),  I am getting Motor 1 GateKill Setup Warning. Is that something that could be overlooked or do I have to fix it for proper running of the motor?

I measured the Ke value many times and it averages around 0.24 but whenever I put Ke < 0.249, I get Motor 1 VoltScl out of range error.

I used the "How to Measure Motor Parameters" doc to calculate the Rs, Ld, Lq , pole pairs and BEMF constant. I have attached the .mc2 file for your reference.

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @guin22,

Number of poles can be calculated by doing one complete mechanical rotation of the motor and measuring the number of electrical cycles between two phases will give the number of pole pairs.

We calculated Ke based on the image attached and considering number of pole pairs as 6 we found Ke=0.250 and this is not very accurate as the motor is  rotated by hand.

In the MCE Wizard Configuration file Question 91: Gate kill input source is selected as both( Comparator and Gatekill pin) and Comparator will trigger gatekill fault for 2A which is very less( Please increase the current limit based on your operation). Gate kill pin is set to trigger for 17.2A current across the shunt for more details please refer to section 3.6 OCP, GK and Iocp setup in EVAL-M1-05F804R-UserManual

Yes, Please refer to document How to Measure Motor Parameters

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes