Is the 1DX firmware part of the BSP in PSoC 6 proto boards?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GuGa_1322886
Level 4
Level 4
5 solutions authored 25 sign-ins First comment on KBA

I'm developing a custom board after the reference design of CY8CPROTO-062-4343W.

I'm using the same LBEE5KL1DX module and will be connected to a PSoC 62 chip exactly as in the reference design of this board.

Other peripherals will be connected the same way.

The goal is to been able to use the same BSP for software development. So is the question: is the firmware for this chip part of the BSP?

second question, am I overlooking something?

0 Likes
1 Solution

In mbed, the WLAN firmware is present in this path mbed-os\targets\TARGET_Cypress\TARGET_PSOC6\COMPONENT_WHD\resources\firmware\COMPONENT_4343W. The WLAN firmware is downloaded into the radio during program execution by the WHD driver. The function whd_bus_sdio_download_firmware(whd_driver) in whd_bus_sdio_protocol.c is used for the same.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
GauravS_31
10 questions asked 250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Could you please let us know which SDK is being used in your setup? If it is Modus toolbox, the 1DX firmware .bin file is present in /libs/wifi-host-driver/WiFi_Host_Driver/resources/firmware/COMPONENT_4343W when selecting an example project. If it is WICED SDK, it is present in /43xxx_Wi-Fi/resources/firmware/4343W.

0 Likes

I'm using the Modus Toolbox BSP for Mbed OS. What it is not clear to me is at what point is the firmware programmed in the 1DX chip. I don't see any message on the programming log mentioning the 1DX firmware.

0 Likes

In mbed, the WLAN firmware is present in this path mbed-os\targets\TARGET_Cypress\TARGET_PSOC6\COMPONENT_WHD\resources\firmware\COMPONENT_4343W. The WLAN firmware is downloaded into the radio during program execution by the WHD driver. The function whd_bus_sdio_download_firmware(whd_driver) in whd_bus_sdio_protocol.c is used for the same.

0 Likes