g++: Command not found

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
CoreyW_81
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

I have followed the information in Chapter 3 of the attached Guide to attempt debugging of the "blinky" application.  However, when I get to the step where I try to program the board from the launch called: "CY8CKIT_062_WIFI_BT_mbed-os-example-blinky_program" I get the following error:

11:01:30 **** Incremental Build of configuration Default for project mbed-os-example-blinky ****

make all

g++     .././mbed-os/platform/cxxsupport/mstd_mutex.cpp   -o .././mbed-os/platform/cxxsupport/mstd_mutex

make[1]: g++: Command not found

make[1]: *** [<builtin>: .././mbed-os/platform/cxxsupport/mstd_mutex] Error 127

make: *** [Makefile:26: all] Error 2

"make all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

11:01:36 Build Failed. 3 errors, 0 warnings. (took 5s.282ms)

I've checked, and my build properties seem to be correct per the guide:

pastedImage_1.png

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

I re-checked in my setup. The previous argument was for PSoC6 2M but the pioneer kit has P6-1M so instead of 'a' can you modify that to '7' and check?

-t cy8c6xx7 - for PSoC6 1M

View solution in original post

0 Likes
14 Replies
RaktimR_11

Could you check the PATH variable settings in your MTB?

pastedImage_0.png

and check whether the bin folder under gcc-7.2.1 is added to the PATH?

0 Likes

First things first, I found that commenting out this line from the Makefile allowed me to progress beyond the g++ error:

pastedImage_0.png

Now my issue is with starting up the debugger...I will provide more information later

0 Likes

I started out fresh with a new instance of mbed-os-example-blinky and followed the directions in the document and I'm able to get past the compiler error, but now my problem is with getting the device programmed (and of course, debugging).  When I click this launch:

pastedImage_0.png

I get a "make all" which has nothing left to do and then MTB 2 attempts to launch the debugger to program the part.  This fails with the following dialog window:

pastedImage_1.png

This is essentially the same place I get to when i try to debug with VSCode in this community post:

Debugging Mbed application for CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT in VSCode

I have confirmed that pyocd can see my board:

pastedImage_3.png

Why am I unable to get the debugger to program the parts?

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

Can you switch to DAPLink mode and check? pyocd list command attached here

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

I did that, but this is the result:

pastedImage_0.png

And to double check, I did this:

pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes

And, I confirmed that my pyocd version should be acceptable:

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

Please put the kit in DAPLink Mode (only LED4 glowing). To check how to change modes, you can refer to Open OCD failed - error with PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit Example snip-scan

You should be able to check the device in pyocd.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

I'm finding no way to get the LED's on the board to got to LED4 ON and LED2 OFF.

I only see LED4 on all the time and one of three modes for LED2: 1Hz ramp, 2Hz ramp, and full ON.

Only SW3 changes the modes, HOLDING it for 2 seconds does nothing

SW4 does nothing.

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

Do you mean to say you can't boot into DAPLINK mode at all even after following the section 4.3.3 of kit-guide?

What does the fw-loader tool says when you do fw-loader.exe --device-list? The idea is that KP3 needs to be booted in DAPLINK mode for you to debug through PyOCD? I am on the same version of PyOCD, so that's not an issue. In my case, pressing SW4 loads the custom app in KP and the device goes into DAPLINK mode. I think you are in CMSIS-DAP HID mode where LED2 is pulsating and LED4 is ON but can't switch to DAPLINK mode.

0 Likes

I'm at KitProg3, not KitProg2, so section 4.3.3 doesn't apply.  But this looks like I'm in DAPLINK mode, and it is the only (of the 3 possibilities) mode of the LED2 and LED4 combinations that is picked up by pyocd list:

pastedImage_3.png

Here is the output of fw-loader.exe --device-list (when LED4 is on and LED2 is 1Hz):

pastedImage_0.png

Here is what I get with LED2 at 2Hz:

pastedImage_1.png

Here is what I get with LED2 solid:

pastedImage_2.png

What next?

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

If you are in KP3 CMSIS-DAP HID mode and it is being picked up from pyocd list command (referring to the first screenshot), can you try adding -t cy8c6xxa in the Other options in Debugger tab? (Attached is the screenshot of the exact field I am referring to)

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Still have an issue.

pastedImage_0.png

I've tried to add that -t cy8c6xxa to the simple Run->Program launch and I get the same issue.  So it seems like whatever is being called to program the part is not working properly when the application is imported from Mbed.

0 Likes
RaktimR_11

I re-checked in my setup. The previous argument was for PSoC6 2M but the pioneer kit has P6-1M so instead of 'a' can you modify that to '7' and check?

-t cy8c6xx7 - for PSoC6 1M

0 Likes

Adding the

-t cy8c6xx7

allowed Modus to program and debug the Mbed design!!!

How do we add this to the documentation as it seems to be an important step and the value selected has to match the target that is selected and imported from the project exported in Mbed CLI?

0 Likes