Programming Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) devices

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
farnandez
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I am trying to program some LED lights but my PC is only able to recognize the device and not connect to it. If I connect the device with my phone and use the app that it came with however, the lights are able to work, and my PC connects to what I believe is an alternate version of this device paired with my phone, but which code (using JAVA Bluetooth API) does not recognize. After some research, I have come to believe that the lights are BLE, which would make sense since the name of the Bluetooth connection as seen on my phone and pc are "ELK-BLEDOM", but I am not sure where to go from here if this is the case. I read that BLE devices require third party applications to work, but I wonder why this is the case, and how people can create BLE applications in the first place if they need to test them on a PC which can't connect to BLE devices (I think). I do wonder if I can work around this process by creating an android application but only using it on my pc. However, I'd rather avoid building apps since I don't know how to, and I simply want to connect to this device and send data to turn on and off the lights. I may be understanding BLE wrong so I need help in doing so and to point me in the right direction.gb whatsapp

0 Likes
1 Solution
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @farnandez ,

Could you please elaborate which Infineon BLE device you are using in your application?

In general, the central devices (phones, PC) will need to establish a BLE connection with the peripheral device (lighting device). Later, it needs to discover what all services , characteristics and profiles are supported by this peer device by using the service discovery procedure. Later, you need to use appropriate characteristics to read/ write values. 

Regards,
Bragadeesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BragadeeshV
First question asked 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @farnandez ,

Could you please elaborate which Infineon BLE device you are using in your application?

In general, the central devices (phones, PC) will need to establish a BLE connection with the peripheral device (lighting device). Later, it needs to discover what all services , characteristics and profiles are supported by this peer device by using the service discovery procedure. Later, you need to use appropriate characteristics to read/ write values. 

Regards,
Bragadeesh
0 Likes