MBed Studio 1.2 dropped debug support for PSOC6

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GuGa_1322886
Level 4
Level 4
5 solutions authored 25 sign-ins First comment on KBA

I just learned that MBED Studio 1.2 dropped Debug support for  CY8CPROTO-062-4343W. Probably the same goes for other PSOC6 boards. You can read more about it here. I don't know yet if that is just for Windows or across all platforms.

I hope they can fix it soon or, otherwise, many of us will have to rethink the choice of RTOS.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

Hello GuGa_1322886​,

The issue with Cypress targets not getting detected has been fixed in the latest release of PyOCD v0.28.0 now. Please upgrade your PyOCD using the pip installer using the command:

>> pip install -U pyocd

Now open Mbed Studio and connect your kit in DAPLink mode, you should be able to see the Debug button now available

pastedImage_0.png

Let me know your observations

Regards,
Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajK_81

Yes, I can confirm this bug. Looks like they changed something in the 1.2 version of Mbed Studio that caused this. From the interaction link you posted, looks like they are already working on a fix and it should be in the mainline soon.

I will update the thread so that you get to know when the fix is added.

Regards,

Dheeraj

DheerajK_81

Hello GuGa_1322886​,

The issue with Cypress targets not getting detected has been fixed in the latest release of PyOCD v0.28.0 now. Please upgrade your PyOCD using the pip installer using the command:

>> pip install -U pyocd

Now open Mbed Studio and connect your kit in DAPLink mode, you should be able to see the Debug button now available

pastedImage_0.png

Let me know your observations

Regards,
Dheeraj

0 Likes