Announcements

Webinar: Integrated solutions for smaller, simpler low-voltage motor control design.
Join the webinar to experience!

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
smidt
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi I have a project requiring some form of electronic braking and I am using the TLE9879QXA40 board to power the motor. Is there any way using software or hardware to achieve this.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Raj_C
250 solutions authored 500 replies posted 50 likes received

Hi @smidt,

Please, can I know the hardware platform you are using? Is it TLE9879 EVALKIT, TLE9879 BLDC Shield or the custom board based on the TLE9879?

If you are using TLE9879 EVALKIT or BLDC shield for Sensorless FOC code then you can follow this community thread: TLE9879 static braking BLDC Motor.

And implement following suggestion.

In the emo_RAM.c file, you can make the following changes to the code and you should get the desired results:

Raj_JC_0-1660213298156.png

if you need a lower duty ratio of PWM, you can make necessary changes with the compare values. 

Please, let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Owen_Su

Hi,

Here you can follow the "Infineon-TLE987x-Sensorless-Field-Oriented-Control-ApplicationNotes" to control your motor.

Regards,

Owen_Su

0 Likes
smidt
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Hi Owen, this document does not cover electronic braking. I was wondering if anyone knows how to enable electronic braking using this motor driver.

0 Likes
Owen_Su

Hi, @smidt ,

Here I found a example about electric car parking brake with an Arduino: electric brake ,  so you can use Arduino Uno as your MCUCARD, TLE9879-BLDC-Shield as your inverter card. And this is the library of our  TLE9879 , you can follow the link to build your platform. Hope this can help you.

Regards,

Owen_Su

0 Likes
Raj_C

Hi @smidt,

Please, can I know the hardware platform you are using? Is it TLE9879 EVALKIT, TLE9879 BLDC Shield or the custom board based on the TLE9879?

If you are using TLE9879 EVALKIT or BLDC shield for Sensorless FOC code then you can follow this community thread: TLE9879 static braking BLDC Motor.

And implement following suggestion.

In the emo_RAM.c file, you can make the following changes to the code and you should get the desired results:

Raj_JC_0-1660213298156.png

if you need a lower duty ratio of PWM, you can make necessary changes with the compare values. 

Please, let us know if you have further questions.

Thank you

Best Regards

Raj Chaudhari

0 Likes