Power FET reliability data

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
paulb
Level 1
Level 1
First like given First solution authored First reply posted

Hi forum.

where can I get Power MOSFET reliability data from Infinion?

The results I am getting from MIL217 prediction are rather poor and I think actual reliability may be better.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @paulb ,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Developer community. 

Product reliability data or the FIT report is already available for download for a few devices and can be found under "FIT Report" tab on the respective product page under "Documents" section.

If it is not available for any device, you may request the same through below link. 

https://infineoncommunity.com/register_FIT

Please feel free to reach out to us in case you have further questions related to this topic. 

Regards

Meghana 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @paulb ,

Thank you for posting on Infineon Developer community. 

Product reliability data or the FIT report is already available for download for a few devices and can be found under "FIT Report" tab on the respective product page under "Documents" section.

If it is not available for any device, you may request the same through below link. 

https://infineoncommunity.com/register_FIT

Please feel free to reach out to us in case you have further questions related to this topic. 

Regards

Meghana 

lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
paulb
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for help Meghanna, I had not noticed it.

It states that the ambient temperature is 55C with no mention of dissipation. The JEDEC standard it refers to does not give precise details about how a manufacturer should present this data.I assume that the data is for minimal dissipation so that TJ  equals ambient temp. is that correct ?

BR Paul

0 Likes
paulb
Level 1
Level 1

Also, do Infinion publish models that would give activation energy for other stressors beyond temperature?

Possibly there are other stressors I should be accounting for.

The MTTF I am getting from the infinion data is about 1000 times better than MIL217 Vita51 for 100 deg C Jn temp. It is a bit difficult to justify this.

BR Paul

0 Likes
paulb
Level 1
Level 1

My mistake, taking all pi factors into account infinion data for my device is very close to mil217/ vita51

0 Likes