Announcements

Register now for the most anticipated Asia Pacific Power Seminar 2022

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

MOSFET (Si/SiC) Forum Discussions

Sachin_alu
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!
Level 1

Hello infineon support 

Am looking for basic understanding on how to calculate the mosfet gate resistance. I found the design link here but it doesn't tell the calculation on how to design. 

Can you please help 

Thank you. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
Moderator 50 solutions authored 5 likes given 100 replies posted

Hello Sachin,

Please refer to the below application note to understand the details of the gate resistor design. 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-EiceDRIVER-Gate_resistor_for_power_devices-ApplicationNotes-v...

Kindly reach out to us if you have further questions related to this topic. 

Regards

Meghana R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Meghana

Hello Sachin,

Please refer to the below application note to understand the details of the gate resistor design. 

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-EiceDRIVER-Gate_resistor_for_power_devices-ApplicationNotes-v...

Kindly reach out to us if you have further questions related to this topic. 

Regards

Meghana R

0 Likes
Sachin_alu
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!
Level 1

Still the calculation is missing in the link you shared, what is the formula ,  criteria, what value should I use, for 200khz what R should I use,

Am looking for some direct calculation, 

You explain me. there are so many links available in the internet. You share me the important points from the link you shared randomly as i dont see that is useful. 

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello @Sachin_alu ,

Can you please let me know which Infineon switching device and the device driver you are using. I can explain the summary of the gate resistance selection with those devices as an example. 

Regards

Meghana R

0 Likes