About VGS of SIC MOSFET Spec Question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KUOWENYUNG
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins

Dear Sir,

We seen the IFX DS of SIC MOSFET have different Vgs spec from different package.

1. can you help us to confirm that following spec? thanks!

IMZA65R027M1H(TO-247)

Vgs.dynamic -5 to +23V@tpulse,negative<15ns, why only negative pulse time in DS?

Vgs.static ?

Vgs.recommended 0 to +18V

IMBG65R030M1H (TO-263)

Vgs.dynamic -7 to +25V@tpulse,positive<1% duty cycle / fs, why only positive pulse time in DS?

Vgs.static ?

Vgs.recommended -2 to +20V, why recommended  Vgs use -2V for MOSFET turn off ?

2. Last question is whether Infineon SIC MOSFET has been changed from trench to  planar structure?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Akhil_B
250 sign-ins First question asked 50 solutions authored

Hello @KUOWENYUNG 

Thanks for posting on the Infineon community Page.

1. 2nd Gen SIC MOSFET just deliver different package and new recommended vgs range of turn off ?

No, it's a matter of general change in the CoolSiC datasheet. You'll see the same in all new devices of the

second generation not only the one in D²PAK. 

2.sorry is my fault! may I know the dynamic and transient different as following fig?

Please refer to the attached image.

BandaruAkhil_0-1651829740558.png

Best Regards,

Akhil Kumar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Akhil_B

Hello @KUOWENYUNG 

NOTE: There is no technology difference in the first generation (IMZA65R027M1H(TO-247))and second generation (IMBG65R030M1H (TO-263)) MOSFET's only process and datasheet representation were different.

IMZA65R027M1H(TO-247)

1) Vgs.dynamic -5 to +23V@tpulse,negative<15ns, why only negative pulse time in DS?

Up to 15 ns pulse, the MOSFET can withstand the given voltage ranges -5 V to 0 V. In the first generation SiC

MOSFET, a data sheet was made for negative pulse (dynamic).

Vgs.static ?

YES, the Vgs Static Voltage is 0 t0 18V. The static term was not mentioned in the datasheet.

IMBG65R030M1H (TO-263)

Vgs.dynamic -7 to +25V@tpulse,positive<1% duty cycle / fs, why only positive pulse time in DS?

Vgs.static ?

The datasheet value is mentioned for a transient condition, not for dynamic. Referred to the attached image.

BandaruAkhil_2-1651749283568.png

In the Second generation SiC MOSFET, the datasheet was made for positive pulse (transient).

Vgs.recommended -2 to +20V, why recommended  Vgs use -2V for MOSFET turn off ?

-2V is recommended turn off voltage to avoid any parasitic re turn on. Either way, you can use 0V to turn off the MOSFET and connect it to the clamp pin of the driver to ensure the turn-off position (especially when unipolar supply is used).

2) Last question is whether Infineon SIC MOSFET has been changed from trench to  planar structure?

Infineon has already changed from the Planar structure to Trench Structure for better performance. Refer the

attached document.

Please let me know if any help is required.

Best Regards,

Akhil Kumar.

0 Likes

Dear Sir,

thank you very much!

1. 2nd Gen SIC MOSFET just deliver different package and new recommended vgs range of turn off ?

2. sorry is my fault! may I know the dynamic and transient different as following fig?

KUOWENYUNG_0-1651803198983.png

0 Likes
Akhil_B

Hello @KUOWENYUNG 

No, it's a matter of general change in the CoolSiC datasheet. You'll see the same in all new devices of the

second generation not only the one in D²PAK. 

2.sorry is my fault! may I know the dynamic and transient different as following fig?

Please refer to the attached image.

BandaruAkhil_0-1651829740558.png

Best Regards,

Akhil Kumar

0 Likes