About MOSFET middle voltage process question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KUOWENYUNG
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 100 sign-ins 50 sign-ins

Dear IFXer,

In mosfet middle voltage process, may I know the following technology name are same process? because I saw the internal structure are very similar.

Split Gate (SGT)
Trench Field Plate
Shield Gate Trench

mosfet middle voltage process.JPG

0 Likes
1 Solution
Meghana
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hello @KUOWENYUNG ,

Trench Field plate and Superjunction structures are the base for Infineon MOSFETs, over which it continues to research, improvise the structure further and develop the best performing switching devices.

Split Gate and Shielded Gate Trench structures are technically the same. They are similar to, but not the same as Trench field plate structure. They also target optimizing the same parameters (Rdson & Qgd) as the Trench field plate structure, but come with its own trade offs.

Can you please share the source of the cross-sectional diagrams that were shared in your initial query? Looks like there is a minor deviation in those diagrams. 

Nevertheless, if you may wish to understand a bit more about Trench field plate structure, the below article might help. It is a comparatively old article but explains well about some early generations of Infineon Trench Field Plate MOSFETs. 

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6020116/

I hope it helps.

Regards

Meghana R

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Meghana

Hello @KUOWENYUNG ,

Can you please clarify what you are referring to when you say MOSFET middle voltage process? 

Regards

Meghana R

0 Likes

Dear SIr,

I want to know which gate technology belongs to? As far as I know, Infineon is Trench Field Plate. Is this technology the same technology as Split Gate (SGT), Shield Gate Trench on the market, but with a different name?

0 Likes
Meghana

Hello @KUOWENYUNG ,

Trench Field plate and Superjunction structures are the base for Infineon MOSFETs, over which it continues to research, improvise the structure further and develop the best performing switching devices.

Split Gate and Shielded Gate Trench structures are technically the same. They are similar to, but not the same as Trench field plate structure. They also target optimizing the same parameters (Rdson & Qgd) as the Trench field plate structure, but come with its own trade offs.

Can you please share the source of the cross-sectional diagrams that were shared in your initial query? Looks like there is a minor deviation in those diagrams. 

Nevertheless, if you may wish to understand a bit more about Trench field plate structure, the below article might help. It is a comparatively old article but explains well about some early generations of Infineon Trench Field Plate MOSFETs. 

http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/document/6020116/

I hope it helps.

Regards

Meghana R

0 Likes