Gatekill fault - Eval-M7-D111T/Eval-M7-LVMOS

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
MikeG
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi - 

I have the M7-D111T controller and M7-LVMOS  power board and I am getting a gatekill fault in MCE Designer as soon as the program is loaded and the motor sitting idle. This is with a parameter file I have configured for my motor (attached). If I load the default parameter text file that comes with the IMD111T-040 firmware download, I can at least run the motor even though the parameters are not correct. 

On the power board I have changed the value of the Rs shunt resistor from 0.005 ohm to 0.050 ohm. My motor has a max continuous current of 3.5Arms. Changing the resistor sets the full scale current measurement to 9A. With the shunt resistor change, the current scale value is 46mV/A (226 counte/amp. The original configuration was 4.6mV/A (22 counts /amp), 90A full scale.

My Motor characteristics are:

24V motor, 4 pole, 5000rpm max, rated output 65W. 

Winding resistance 0.26 ohms

Motor Lq inductance 0.48mH, Ld inductance 0.38mH. These were measured with LCR meter.

Ke 1.98Vrms/Krpm (measured with scope @ 1000rpm).

Here's a picture of the motor and eval board:

MikeG_0-1642112214131.jpeg

Thanks for the help!

Mike

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @MikeG,

Thanks! for posting your query in the Infineon community.

Apologies for the delayed response due to the holidays.

We had gone through your .mc2 configuration file and found that you have configured for leg shunt current measurement if want to use a leg-shunt configuration, remove the resistors R24, R25, and R26. Then you should solder the resistors R27, R28, R29, RS2, and RS3 in your power board Please refer to section 2.3.3 in the Eval-M7-LVMOS user guide.
The value is 0 Ω for R27, R28, and R29. RS2 and RS3 are 50 mΩ for your configuration.

Please confirm if you have made these changes if you are using the leg shunt current measurement. Or Please try changing the current sensing to a single shunt configuration.

Please let us know if this solves the problem.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @MikeG,

Thanks! for posting your query in the Infineon community.

Apologies for the delayed response due to the holidays.

We had gone through your .mc2 configuration file and found that you have configured for leg shunt current measurement if want to use a leg-shunt configuration, remove the resistors R24, R25, and R26. Then you should solder the resistors R27, R28, R29, RS2, and RS3 in your power board Please refer to section 2.3.3 in the Eval-M7-LVMOS user guide.
The value is 0 Ω for R27, R28, and R29. RS2 and RS3 are 50 mΩ for your configuration.

Please confirm if you have made these changes if you are using the leg shunt current measurement. Or Please try changing the current sensing to a single shunt configuration.

Please let us know if this solves the problem.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

Hi Krupashankar,

Thank you so much for the reply. I am using a single shunt, not leg shunts. I had rebuilt my MCEWizard configuration file after I changed the shunt resistor and overlooked the leg shunt/single shunt drop down.

I changed it back to single shunt and the gatekill error has gone away. 

Again, thanks for the help, I'll start to try and tune the system for my  motor now and I am sure I will have more questions!

Mike

0 Likes