Command line FLASH MCU Programmer for FM0 FM3 FM4

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MichaelH
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi,

we need to call the FLASH MCU Programmer tool by using the command line.

we tested with following command:

flash.exe "MB9BF524K/L/M" 4MHz test.mhx COM12 dialog

But nothing happens, except at txt File gets generated in the install directory of the FLASH MCU Programmer that contains:

NG

No.101 Please set "hex file"

We are using the Version V01,L16 of the FLASH MCU Programmer.

Kind Regards, Michael

0 Likes
6 Replies
zzz_3221081
Level 5
Level 5
25 solutions authored 100 sign-ins 10 likes received

I don't know the tool you talk about.

> No.101 Please set "hex file"

But the tool seems to need a HEX file. The MHX file you specified (test.mhx) is S19 format.

0 Likes

Hi,

I am talking about the flash programmer software, downloadable from:

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/software-and-drivers/flash-programmer-fm0-fm3-fm4

quite easy to find by searching "FLASH MCU programmer for FM0 FM3 FM4" in any search engine.

And I don't think that a HEX file with the file extension hex is necessary because if I execute the software by double clicking the EXE I am able to flash the test.mhx file.

The problem is that I want to use the programming software in the end of line tester at the EMS and therefore I have to start the tool with the correct MCU type, crystal frequency and file that has to be programmed.

Regards, Michael

0 Likes

Seems you are on your own.

These are all Fujitsu MCUs, and presumably Fujistu tools. I am having problems with fading support as well, especially with proprietary Fujitsu legacy MCUs.

We use the Segger JLink as debug adapter. This debug pod comes with a host of support applications e.g. for programming, including commandline tools.

0 Likes

Thanks for the hint of the Segger tools. We still use jflash in our end of line tetsers where the JTAG interface is used to program the MCU.

But for this tester we need to use the serial bootloader of the Controller and i can't find a setting where I can set RS232 as programming interface.

0 Likes

The Segger tools surely do not support the ROM BL functionality, and thus the serial interface. Only JTAG. In fact, production lines for our FM3/FM4 based equipment use JTAG for programming.

For the legacy stuff (16FX, 16LX, FR60), we are stuck with the Fujitsu flasher tools as well. I am sure this (older) tools work from a cmdline as well. I only use the GUI version for debugging purposes.

Seems you are either stuck with Fujitsu/Spansion/Cypress/Infineon support, or change over to JTAG.  I have never used the Flasher tools for FMx MCUs, but can imagine a lot of the later (newer) MCUs are not covered if the tool is not updated/maintained. That's all I can say.

Perhaps you can try a commercial support line. Albeit my impression is, knowledge of the Fujitsu-specific stuff is fading ...

0 Likes
MichaelH
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First solution authored First reply posted

Hi again,

after updating to new Version V01,L23 we are able to execute the flasher tool using the command line. However we don't want to see the pop-up window that prompts to reset the target device.

Appending the parameter "no_result" doesn't effect anything. Appending the paramter "no_dialog" is working and the dialog window doesn't appear.

Does anybody know how to supress the reset pop-up window, that requires an user interaction?

Regards Michael

0 Likes