Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob

[Windows 7] No USB-I2C/SPI Bridge Device Available when KitProg3 Is in CMSISDAP HID or CMSIS-DAP Bulk Mode - KBA231026

[Windows 7] No USB-I2C/SPI Bridge Device Available when KitProg3 Is in CMSISDAP HID or CMSIS-DAP Bulk Mode - KBA231026

ChaitanyaV_61
Employee
Employee
50 questions asked 25 likes received 25 sign-ins

Author: VitaS_81           Version: **

Translation - Japanese: [Windows 7] KitProg3がCMSISDAP HIDまたはCMSIS-DAPバルクモードの場合、USB-I2C / SPIブリッジデバイスを使用できない - KBA231026 - Co...

Problem: 
In some cases, Windows 7 does not recognize the KitProg3 bridge, so USB-I2C/SPI bridge devices are not available in either CMSIS-DAP HID or CMSIS-DAP bulk mode.

Background:
In some editions of Windows 7, the .inf file that enables Windows 7 to recognize the descriptor for that driver may be missing. This affects KitProg3 v2.10 and newer. This issue does not occur in newer versions of Windows.

Solution:

Install a digitally signed driver manually from the Windows Update Catalog. Follow these steps to recover the WinUSB driver for Windows 7:

1. Download the driver from https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=Microsoft%20Other%20hardware%20WinUsb%20Devic... and extract it to a local folder on your computer.
  2. In the Device Manager, locate “KitProg3 bridge” with a yellow exclamation mark and update it manually by providing path to the extracted driver.
  3. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
  4. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and  then click Have disk.
  5. Browse and provide path to the driver.
  6. Select the winusbcompat.inf file.
  7. Click Open and then click Next.

After these steps, KitProg3 USB-I2C/SPI bridge becomes available in Device Manager as WinUSB device and can be used by software tools.

0 Likes
Contributors