Source and Sink Charging Specifications of CCG3PA Parts. - KBA233421
Question: What are the source and sink charging specifications in CCG3PA?
Answer: The following table lists the source and sink charging specifications in CCG3PA:
Part 1: CYPD3171
- Power bank application:
- The Type C port supports QC (Quick charging or Qualcomm’s Quick charge) 4.0, QC 3, QC 2, Apple charging 2.4A, and AFC while acting as a source. During sink application it does not support QC but supports BC 1.2 and Apple charging.
- The Type-A port can be configured to support QC3.0, Apple Charging, BC1.2, Samsung Galaxy, FCP, and AFC.
CCG3PA does not support USB-PD 3.0 PPS in the sink role because QC 2 and QC 3 sink are based on Dp-Dm line voltages and QC4.0 protocol uses USB-PD 3.0 PPS.
- Car charger application: It supports QC 4.0, QC 3.0, AFC, and Apple charging.
Part 2: CYPD3174
- It is intended for only source application.
- It supports QC 4+ and offers QC3.0/QC2.0 backward compliance. QC4 supports the USB PD3.0 function and PPS (3 V-11 V @20 mV).
- The source applications include a power adapter based on opto-coupler feedback in 16-pin SOIC and 24-pin QFN packages.
Part 3: CYPD3175
- The Type-C port supports USBPD 3.0, QC 4.0, Apple Charging 2.4A, and AFC.
- The Type-A port supports QC 3.0, Apple Charging, and AFC.
- The target application for this chip is a power adapter based on direct feedback.