Insulation voltage

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MS_19060803
Level 6
Level 6
Distributor - TED (Japan)
25 likes received 25 solutions authored 10 likes given

Hi all,

They would like to use the TZ400N26KOF at 5400Vac(RMS, f = 50 Hz, t = 1 min).
However, the insulation voltage of TZ400N26KOF is 3000Vac(RMS, f = 50 Hz, t = 1 min).

Then, I have a question.

If you know which insulation sheet to use at as much as 5400Vac, please let me know.
Also is there another way except for insulation sheet?

Best regards,

MS

0 Likes
1 Solution
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Infineon community.

First of all this insulation voltage is applied between the all shorted terminals and the body( generally back plate) of the device. So, the insulation voltage is the property of the material used in the device. I think its really difficult to insert a sheet to increase the insulation voltage because where to insert is the main question.

However, still if you are able to insert the insulation sheet, I will suggest you few material for this.

1) PET( Polyethylene terephthalate) sheet - sheet thickness of 0.25mm  will be sufficient as per your voltage  requirement.

2) Mayler sheet- 0.25 mm thickness or greater.

3) GPO3 material- not sure about the thickness as per the voltage level.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
AZIZ_HASSAN
50 likes received 5 likes given 250 sign-ins

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Infineon community.

First of all this insulation voltage is applied between the all shorted terminals and the body( generally back plate) of the device. So, the insulation voltage is the property of the material used in the device. I think its really difficult to insert a sheet to increase the insulation voltage because where to insert is the main question.

However, still if you are able to insert the insulation sheet, I will suggest you few material for this.

1) PET( Polyethylene terephthalate) sheet - sheet thickness of 0.25mm  will be sufficient as per your voltage  requirement.

2) Mayler sheet- 0.25 mm thickness or greater.

3) GPO3 material- not sure about the thickness as per the voltage level.

BR,

AZIZ HASSAN

0 Likes