How to download without initial BMI setting

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Donald
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

A customer company is testing a prototype product with the XMC1302-T038X0200 product.

Donald_1-1640577673098.png

I am using XMC Flasher to download the program with the produced board.
When connecting for the first time with the manufactured board, an Error in connecting screen appears as shown below and connection is not possible.

Donald_2-1640577687961.png

To check the problem, I checked the Log and found a message telling me to change to the current BMI mode ASC Bootstrap Loader mode (ASC_BSL), debug interface as shown below.

Donald_3-1640577697640.png

So, if you change the BMI setting to User Mode (Debug) SPD0, Connect… will be

Questions :
Initially, the program is possible only by changing the BMI setting for the program, but I would like to ask you to check if there is any way to automatically download without setting this initial setting.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi ,

ASC_BSL is the default mode in which the unprogrammed devices will come up. There are ways to change this to other boot modes. One option is to use the Get and Set BMI option available in the Dave IDE.

Vasanth_0-1641276786854.pngVasanth_1-1641276798487.png

Unfortunately XMCFlasher does not have this option. But there are other solutions like mentioned in this thread which could be helpful where a initial hex file is programmed which changes the BMI register to enable the SWD interface.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/XMC/Loading-firmware-throught-ASC-with-a-simple-UART-adapter/td-p/...

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi ,

ASC_BSL is the default mode in which the unprogrammed devices will come up. There are ways to change this to other boot modes. One option is to use the Get and Set BMI option available in the Dave IDE.

Vasanth_0-1641276786854.pngVasanth_1-1641276798487.png

Unfortunately XMCFlasher does not have this option. But there are other solutions like mentioned in this thread which could be helpful where a initial hex file is programmed which changes the BMI register to enable the SWD interface.

https://community.infineon.com/t5/XMC/Loading-firmware-throught-ASC-with-a-simple-UART-adapter/td-p/...

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes