Do I need the evaluation board after programming?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Answer
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hi,

I bought the CY8CKIT-042-BLE-A pioneer kit and I would like to use it to send a signal from the module to the computer (Maybe a sensor). I noticed in the training tutorial the BLE (CY8CKKIT) module is mounted on the evaluation board.

Is that necessary after the program has been run or can I removed it like an Arduino?

Also, Is the lithium battery (CR2025) used to power only the BLE module while the USB is powering the evaluation board?

How can I power it with an external power source (different 3V battery)? which pins?

@Hari 

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
VenkataD_41
750 replies posted 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi

Is that necessary after the program has been run or can I removed it like an Arduino?

--> You can either remove the module from the baseboard or you can let it be there on the baseboard after programming. In case if you remove the module from the baseboard, you need to power the VDDD, GND pins present on the bottom left of the module (programming header). Please find the attached image. The voltage source can vary between 1.8volts to 5.5 volts. 

Thanks

Ganesh

View solution in original post

4 Replies
lock attach
VenkataD_41

Hi

--> You can either remove the module from the baseboard or you can let it be there on the baseboard after programming. In case if you remove the module from the baseboard, you need to power the VDDD, GND pins present on the bottom left of the module (programming header). Please find the attached image. The voltage source can vary between 1.8volts to 5.5 volts. 

Thanks

Ganesh

lock attach

Thank you,

Do you know how to transfer the other pins to read from the thermistor like attached?

and what changes do I do to the code if any?

0 Likes
VenkataD_41

Hi,

Once you remove the module from the board, you can use all the pins available on the module and connect sensors just like the thermistor is connected to the baseboard as shown in the image attached. 

For code, you don't have to do any changes. The only thing to take care of is to note the pins where the sensors are connected to and assign them properly in the PSoC Creator project.

Thanks 

Ganesh

0 Likes

Those are the pins assigned in the original code with the evaluation board:

Answer_0-1626149953639.png

What would change here? I felt that the names of the pins are the same.  I am moving the resistor and thermistor from the evaluation board from the pins [3.0  -   3.1  -   3.2]   to the module to the pins [3.0  -   3.1  -   3.2] on the BLE module (same numbering for the pins). 

0 Likes