CY8MBR3108 Deep sleep mode

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KunalK
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins First like given

Hi Infineon Team,

I am using cy8mbr3108 capsense. I am using linux platform and using i2cdetect utility for detecting the touch sensor over I2C. I found that sometime it is able to detect the sensor and sometimes not. If I detect it too fast, then it is able to detect, otherwise not. I learned from datasheet that it is in deep sleep mode by default. It sends NACK before going it to ACTIVE state. So, need to perform address match again!! Any way of moving device out of deep sleep mode? How to avoid polling?

Another secondary question is , lets say the device is detected once and then going to write I2C register, at that time it might not be able to write as it will be in deep sleep right?

Regards,

Kunal

0 Likes
1 Solution
PandaS
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @KunalK ,

Can you try using the feature of Host Interrupt pin on MBR which triggers an interrupt to host whenever there is a change in state of buttons. Only then you can read the registers for button touch status within the ISR.

Thanks and regards

Sobhit

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PandaS
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 5 likes given

Hi @KunalK ,

Can you try using the feature of Host Interrupt pin on MBR which triggers an interrupt to host whenever there is a change in state of buttons. Only then you can read the registers for button touch status within the ISR.

Thanks and regards

Sobhit

0 Likes