cybt-213043-mesh

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
marzuniga845
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello all,

I have the CYBT-213043-MESH kit, and I have the CY8CKIT-005 MiniProg4 Program and debug kit. 

I have connected the debugger (SWDIO pin) to the mesh kit (SWDCK pin) while both connected to my Mac.

I have set the ENABLE_DEBUG?=1 in the appropriate makefile of the application I wish to download onto the board. 

My problem is that when I try to launch the debug, I get this error:

Started by GNU MCU Eclipse

Started by GNU MCU Eclipse

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0+dev-4.2.0.1430 (2021-03-05-16:23)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

adapter speed: 10000 kHz

Info : auto-selecting first available session transport "swd". To override use 'transport select <transport>'.

cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq

force hard breakpoints

Info : Listening on port 6666 for tcl connections

Info : Listening on port 4444 for telnet connections

Info : CMSIS-DAP: SWD  Supported

Info : CMSIS-DAP: JTAG Supported

Info : CMSIS-DAP: FW Version = 2.0.0

Info : CMSIS-DAP: Interface Initialised (SWD)

Info : SWCLK/TCK = 1 SWDIO/TMS = 1 TDI = 0 TDO = 0 nTRST = 0 nRESET = 1

Info : CMSIS-DAP: Interface ready

Info : KitProg3: FW version: 2.21.1005

Info : KitProg3: Pipelined transfers enabled

Info : VTarget = 0.000 V

Info : High speed (adapter speed 10000) may be limited by adapter firmware.

Info : clock speed 10000 kHz

Error: DAP 'CYW20819A1.cpu' initialization failed (check connection, power, transport, DAP is enabled etc.)

Info : CYW20819A1.dap: powering down debug domain...

Warn : Failed to power down Debug Domains

I would appreciate the help on how to proceed!

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

I will try to reproduce the issue. Please let us know the Modustoolbox and BTSDK versions which you are using.

Also, could you please let us know why do you need to use this hardware debugger on Meshkit? If you are trying to debug a mesh application, we suggest you to use the puart logs/btspy logs. Also you can enable below traces from the application to get various levels of debuggin traces. 

MESH_MODELS_DEBUG_TRACES ?= 0
MESH_CORE_DEBUG_TRACES ?= 0
MESH_PROVISIONER_DEBUG_TRACES ?= 0

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

As mentioned in the error message, first check the connection from your Miniprog4 to the BT kit. May I know which all pins you connected to the minirpog? Also, check whether the board is provided proper power supply also.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj, 

I connected Pin P12 on the board to Pin SWDIO on the miniprog. I also connected both grounds together. 

Thanks,

Mariela Zuniga

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

I will try to reproduce the issue. Please let us know the Modustoolbox and BTSDK versions which you are using.

Also, could you please let us know why do you need to use this hardware debugger on Meshkit? If you are trying to debug a mesh application, we suggest you to use the puart logs/btspy logs. Also you can enable below traces from the application to get various levels of debuggin traces. 

MESH_MODELS_DEBUG_TRACES ?= 0
MESH_CORE_DEBUG_TRACES ?= 0
MESH_PROVISIONER_DEBUG_TRACES ?= 0

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes

Hi Dheeraj.P.K

I am using ModusToolbox version 2.3.0.2307. This is the hardware debugger compatible with the CYBT-213043-MESH device. I have made additional connections: VDD(on device) to Vtarg (on the debugger), and SWCLK (on debugger) to P12 (on device). However, I am still getting the same error. 

If I were to use the puart logs or btspy logs, where would I find them? 

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

You can refer below blog to understand how to enable btspy logs. In mesh I hope you just have to route the debug logs to to WICED_UART instead of puart using API wiced_set_debug_uart(). By default debug logs are routed to PUART. You can use any terminal emulator program (Eg. Teratem, putty, etc.) to get the logs. Connect it to PUART COM port to get it.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/ModusToolbox-Blog/How-to-enable-BTSpy-traces-in-your-BTSDK-applicat...

Thanks,

-Dheeraj.P.K

0 Likes

Hi,

I found your resource helpful. However, I am still having trouble connecting Cypress MiniProg4 hardware debugger to my CYBT-213043-MESH 02 kit. If I were to want to stick with hardware debugging rather than solely relying on the btspy logs, what recommendations do you have to get the right connections?

(I am still getting this error:

Error: DAP 'CYW20819A1.cpu' initialization failed (check connection, power, transport, DAP is enabled etc.)

All the best,

Mariela Zuniga

0 Likes