How to control multiple group of LED lights from single CYW20706 BLE module

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NiA_4003596
Level 3
Level 3
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Hi,

Could anyone please suggest how to control multiple group of dimmable light from single CYW20706 module configured as switch. Here is my end application, in a big hall there are 100 lights which are grouped in 10 lights per group. In practical, 10 hardware switch required to control 10 group of lights but I want something like a handheld BLE remote with a single chip to control multiple group.

Is there any possibility to run multiple switch instance in a single module and assign to different groups through mobile provisioner?

Regards,

NK

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

The Publication is configured for each element.

In your case, you can create four elements in the switch node, each corresponding to a push button. Then, after provisioning, configure each of these elements to publish to the required bulb node (which will be having only one element).

You can refer mesh_onoff_client and mesh _onoff_server application to understand the use of multiple element in a node.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

You can do this by re-configuring the publication of 20706 switch.

In MeshClient Windows app, please use the "Configure Publication" for re-configuring the publication.

In mesh mobile app, If you select the required switch node, you will be able to see similar option to change the publication of the switch.

MeshClient:-

ds.PNG

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

As far as I understood, Configure Publication is control multiple group simultaneously from a single Switch node by single push button interface. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I want to interface 4 push button to a single BLE chip and each button should act as switch to different group and control independently. For example, connect four push button switch to a single BLE chip through GPIO, configure and control control group 1 by switch button 1, so on.

It is like a remote control with multiple button switch.

pastedImage_0.png

Regards,

NK

0 Likes

Hi,

The Publication is configured for each element.

In your case, you can create four elements in the switch node, each corresponding to a push button. Then, after provisioning, configure each of these elements to publish to the required bulb node (which will be having only one element).

You can refer mesh_onoff_client and mesh _onoff_server application to understand the use of multiple element in a node.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Hi,

Thank you!

As in mesh_onoff application, I will create four elements in the level client application to control the bulb brightness as well and test the same.

Please clarify the following,

1. In android mobile app, I can publish the address of a switch to any one of the group. Is it possible to configure a switch to multiple group?

2. What is the maximum number of elements can be created in a single module.

3. In IOS app, created and tested for four switch element model in a single module. When I move a switch to a group, all four switch moving to that group instead of one switch. At the same time, when I publish a switch to a group, it's not happening. Attached video for the procedure tested. Please the change video file extension to .mp4 to play.

Regards,

NK

0 Likes

Hi,

1. Yes. you can add (duplicate) a switch to multiple groups as well. Use the "Add to Other Group" option.

2. Theoretically 32767 Elements can be accommodated in a mesh network. But, the bottleneck would be the availability of memory.

3. I could reproduced the error. In-fact our development team has already resolved the issue. The fix will be available in the next SDK release which would be go out in couple of weeks. Ideally, "move" option should not move the whole node, when the user tries to move an element.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion.

Kindly inform your developer to keep downward-compatible option always.

Regards,

Nireshkumar

0 Likes

Hi,

The helper applications (Android/IOS app, Windows MeshClient) should work with any version of embedded apps, unless there is bug either in the peer app or in the embedded app. They all comply to Mesh Spec which does not change frequently

For testing/debugging, it is recommended to use the same version of helper applications and embedded apps to narrow down and figure out the actual mesh functional issues, if there is any.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for the details and support.

Regards,

NK

0 Likes