Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
kf
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

We'd like to implement a solution based on CYBT-353027-02 module (CYW20706) that has both HFP and HF Audio Gateway functionality. That means, our product shall be able to connect to a mobile phone and a headset simultaneously and forward eSCO audio between those 2 devices and the host CPU connected to it via its PCM interface.

|---------------------------------|
     Headset <--> | AG            |                 |
                  |   CYW20706  |PCM| <-> Host CPU  |
Mobile Phone <--> | HF            |                 |
                  |---------------------------------|

So, I have the following questions:

1. Is described above possible at all?
2. Is CYW20706 able to support 2 (e)SCO connections simultaneously?
3. How audio routing between those 2 (e)SCO connections is done?
4. Can we route audio between PCM interface and 2 (e)SCO connections on-the-fly? How?
5. How CYW20706 mixes audio with different codecs, say, if one audio stream is mSBC-encoded and another one uses CVSD?
6. Actually, we can mix the audio at host side. Is it possible to use 2 stereo channels at PCM interface to, for example, forward HF audio to the left channel and AG audio to the right channel? How to do that?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @kf 

Can you please confirm if you are planning to use CYW20706 in embedded mode (application developed by MTB IDE ) or in HCI mode (with controller only mode) ? 

Support 2 (e)SCO connections simultaneously - this feature is not supported in embedded mode (by our BTSDK ). But can be used in controller only mode with vendor specific commands for forwarding the SCO. If you need support on vendor specific commands for the same, I would suggest you to contact our local sales / FAE and create a case for the same. 

Regards,
Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnjanaM_61
10 questions asked 5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA

Hello @kf 

Can you please confirm if you are planning to use CYW20706 in embedded mode (application developed by MTB IDE ) or in HCI mode (with controller only mode) ? 

Support 2 (e)SCO connections simultaneously - this feature is not supported in embedded mode (by our BTSDK ). But can be used in controller only mode with vendor specific commands for forwarding the SCO. If you need support on vendor specific commands for the same, I would suggest you to contact our local sales / FAE and create a case for the same. 

Regards,
Anjana

0 Likes
kf
Level 3
Level 3
First like received 25 sign-ins 10 replies posted

Hello Anjana,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, we use CYW20706 in embedded mode, I'm sorry I forgot to mention that.

Best regards,
Konstantin

0 Likes