Handsfree and a2dp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Karoline
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello,

I am working with the CYW920721B2-EVK where I want to make a project with BT classic, with a2dp and handsfree profile.

I have looked at the Audio Watch project where I thought both profiles where present, but I cannot the the a2dp being active, when I am debugging the project. Is that the case, or do I need to set some specific setting for the a2dp to work?

As an alternative I looked at the a2dp sink project, with the thoughts of implementing the handsfree profile, but didn't succeed. Would that be a better way to go, than with the audio watch? If so, can someone help me with how to do so?

Another thing that occurred with the Audio watch project, was that when I am connected to the phone, I can only get voice from the microphones, but when I am trying to play music, it happens over the phone speakers. But when I am connected to a computer, I can play music through the board. Can you tell me why that is?

Kind regards

Karoline

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

May I know which SDK version are you using? 

Watch app has a2dp source only. There is no audio Sink. Audio source and Sink both cannot be implemented in one chip due to memory limitation. Please let us know what all profiles are you planning to combine?

Regarding the phone issue:

Which phone are you using? Could you please share the test process you followed?

We will try reproducing it at our side and let you know.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

May I know which SDK version are you using? 

Watch app has a2dp source only. There is no audio Sink. Audio source and Sink both cannot be implemented in one chip due to memory limitation. Please let us know what all profiles are you planning to combine?

Regarding the phone issue:

Which phone are you using? Could you please share the test process you followed?

We will try reproducing it at our side and let you know.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
DilliS_01
Employee
Employee
100 sign-ins 50 questions asked 50 sign-ins

The Audio Headset and Speaker code example has both a2dp (sink) and handsfree implemented.  I would suggest starting with this code example.

Dilli 

0 Likes
Karoline
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

I tried the Headset and Speaker code, and it had what I wanted. 

Thank you!

Karoline

0 Likes