CYW920706 i2s microphone to a2dp

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaCh_4826131
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Hi,

I am really struggling to get i2s microphone to stream to a2dp,

I've looked everywhere including watch example to try get this to work but to no avail. 

I am using a board CYW20706 and have a microphone connected to it via i2s (it is a 24bit microphone). 

Do the gpio pins need to be set? or am I missing a library such as CYW9BT_audio in the watch example for this to work? 

I have configured the board as the i2s slave and a2dp source and the microphone as the master using wiced_audio_start();

Is there anything else I can try to make this work? 

I've looked a this link too and tried other boards such as 20719 and 20819, all seem to not work.

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Resource-Library/PCM-I2S-Clock-setting-in-CYW20706/ta-p/246335?emcs...

At this point, any help would be greatly appreciated. I've been stuck with this problem for the last 2months 😞 

Thankyou so much in advance!

0 Likes
1 Solution

My apologies, I got confused. Yes it can be configured as i2s master and slave both.

I just confirmed internally that I2S input on watch app supports on 20721 based platforms only. 

CYW20721B2 is the latest audio solution by Cypress which supports most of the audio features. CYW20706 supports some of the audio features, but not all. CYW20719 and 20819 also supports basic A2DP source, AVRCP features demonstrated in watch demo example. Apart from that, no extra or advanced audio functionalities are supported by these chips.

To get access to CYW20721 chip/eval board, you will need to contact Cypress Sales team or FAE. I will provide you specific details over personal message.

CYW20721B2 Product Guide

View solution in original post

4 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @MaCh_4826131 ,

Please note that CYW20706 can only be configured as i2s master; configuring it as slave will not work.

Are you using WICED Studio? And which demo example are you referring?

CYW20721 is the full audio solution by Cypress and it will support audio over i2s for sure. I will need to check regarding CYW20706. 

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi, thanks so much for your reply.

I am using the watch example to get this to work but to no avail (using Modus toolbox).

Can it not be set to slave mode? I see on the data sheet that is possible though.

Is the 20721 available to purchase? I've looked on digikey and element14 but to no luck (I am in Australia). Is there another board that can be purchased for my purpose? Or is the 20721 not for sale?

Thanks again!

0 Likes

My apologies, I got confused. Yes it can be configured as i2s master and slave both.

I just confirmed internally that I2S input on watch app supports on 20721 based platforms only. 

CYW20721B2 is the latest audio solution by Cypress which supports most of the audio features. CYW20706 supports some of the audio features, but not all. CYW20719 and 20819 also supports basic A2DP source, AVRCP features demonstrated in watch demo example. Apart from that, no extra or advanced audio functionalities are supported by these chips.

To get access to CYW20721 chip/eval board, you will need to contact Cypress Sales team or FAE. I will provide you specific details over personal message.

CYW20721B2 Product Guide

SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Please confirm if you received my message or provide your email id.