OTA for AWS IoT Core

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Frank-Lin
Level 4
Level 4
5 solutions authored 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked

I'm using CY8CKIT-062S2-43012 kit and finish my development for product function base on anycloud-mqtt-client.
Now i need to add OTA to my product and our cloud is using AWS IoT Core.
I had read anycloud-ota-mqtt but no sure what to do if i'm using AWS IoT Core and trying to OTA by using AWS Job.

What should i do to add OTA to my product? Is there any steps to follow?
How do i check the sign of new FW?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Phanindra_I
250 sign-ins 10 likes given 25 likes received

Hi,

You can use "anycloud-ota-mqtt" code example for adding OTA to your product. If you want to use AWS as your MQTT broker, then you need to set the macro "AWS_IOT_MQTT_MODE" to 1 in "ota_app_config.h" header file, edit the "MQTT_BROKER_URL" macro to that of AWS broker and add the required certificates in the same file.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Phanindra_I

Hi,

You can use "anycloud-ota-mqtt" code example for adding OTA to your product. If you want to use AWS as your MQTT broker, then you need to set the macro "AWS_IOT_MQTT_MODE" to 1 in "ota_app_config.h" header file, edit the "MQTT_BROKER_URL" macro to that of AWS broker and add the required certificates in the same file.

Thanks

0 Likes
Frank-Lin
Level 4
Level 4
5 solutions authored 50 sign-ins 10 questions asked

Hi,
After study more about "anycloud-ota-mqtt", i don't think that is the code i'm looking for.
It just calling cy_ota_agent_start() and all the protocol is handle by it, we don't have the chance to modify.

We want to download new FW by ourself, store it in slot 1(call some function), verify the sign(call some function) and using bootloader to switch the code.
Is there any code for me to study?

0 Likes
Phanindra_I

Hi,

Yes, protocol is implemented by "anycloud-ota" middleware library and if you use api's of library then everything will be handled by library itself. You can study the library source files to get an understanding of implementation and then you can try to implement the code as per the needs of your application.

Thanks 

0 Likes