Multiple virtual COM ports (VCP) with TC3x7 v2.0

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
FabioMazza
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hello,

i'm implementing PIL simulation via serial port, i already tested it with demo board "Application kit TC2x7 v1.1", now i'm doing the same with "TriBoard-TC3x7 V2.0".
In the first case, looking at the device manager in windows, i see one COM port managed by Infineon DAS JDS port. With TC377 case instead, i see two virtual COM ports like in the image below, only one of the two seems to work for my purposes.

FabioMazza_0-1669128966813.png

The questions are:

- Why the TC377 has two virtual ports ?

- What the second port is used for?

I'm trying to develop a script to automatically detect the right COM port to be used in the PIL simulation, but this event make things more difficult.

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Prudhvi_E
250 replies posted 100 solutions authored 25 likes received

Hi,

Please select the "Infineon DAS JDS xx" under USB controllers as shown below and change the properties:

Prudhvi_0-1669797662253.png

In the properties under "Advanced" tab, please select or un-select the checkbox as shown below:

Prudhvi_1-1669797916473.png

Regards,

Prudhvi.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Prudhvi_E

Hello,

Could you please try below steps and provide your feedback?

1. Connect the board

2. In the Device Manager under USB Controllers, select Properties on Infineon DAS JDS COM and Infineon DAS JDS Debug with right click

3. Select Tab Advanced and mark or unmark the 'Load VCP' as per your requirement.

4. Save the settings

5. Remove the board from USB and reconnect

Now the required COM port should either be installed or uninstalled.

Regards,

Prudhvi.

0 Likes

Hello, thanks for your answer Prudhvi,
sadly i can't follow your instructions, there is no such checkbox described by you. I provide screenshots with some translations. I can fine an "advanced" submenu, but again there is no setting that makes me think about what you suggested

gestioneDispositivi.png

This is my driver version 

Driver.png

Installed DAS is DAS_V7_3_7.

Any other suggestion?

0 Likes
Prudhvi_E

Hi,

Please select the "Infineon DAS JDS xx" under USB controllers as shown below and change the properties:

Prudhvi_0-1669797662253.png

In the properties under "Advanced" tab, please select or un-select the checkbox as shown below:

Prudhvi_1-1669797916473.png

Regards,

Prudhvi.

FabioMazza
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hello,

thanks for your suggestion, disabling it on "Debug" and keeping the "COM" enabled solved my issue.

Fabio