Motor Control with KITA2GTC334LITETOBO1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
rcollin
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I am new to Infineon MCUs and would like some advice while getting started. My project is to control a PMSM with field oriented control. I am not sure yet if this will be sensored or sensorless. The MCU needs to be automotive grade. I am considering using the KITA2GTC334LITETOBO1 evaluation board to get started and am considering one of the low end Aurix MCUs (e.g., TC32x or TC33x). A few questions about getting started:

Is there any example field oriented control code provided for these Aurix MCUs?

Are the Aurix MCUs the best fit for automotive grade motor control applications? If not, what other Infineon MCUs would work well for this application?

Any other tips or advice for getting started with development would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
Nambi
50 likes received 5 likes given 100 solutions authored

Hi Team,

Could you check if the following link suits your requirement?

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/kit_a2g_tc387_motorctr/

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Nambi

Hi Team,

Could you check if the following link suits your requirement?

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/evaluation-boards/kit_a2g_tc387_motorctr/

Best Regards.

0 Likes
rcollin
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi Nambi, thanks for sharing. Is there a way that this example code can work with the KITA2GTC334LITETOBO1 ?

0 Likes
Nambi

Hi,

There would be device-specific peripheral configurations that need to be adapted. Also, the kit_a2g_tc387_motorctr has a controller board based on TC387_TFT_KIT and a power board to control the motor. This power board is compatible with TC387_TFT_KIT and will not be compatible with KITA2GTC334LITETOBO1.

The example as a part of kit_a2g_tc387_motorctr can be used as a reference for the control algorithm.

Best Regards.

0 Likes