Aurix Development Studio - post build step

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
User18757
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked First like received First reply posted

Hi,

I'm using the Aurix Development Studio 1.5.4.

I created a new workspace and a new aurix project.

Build Active Project -> Everything works fine.

Then i added a post-build step like  echo 'hello' via project properties - C/C++ build - Build Steps

Rebuild Active Project:

TASKING VX-toolset for AURIX Development Studio (non-commercial): ELF size v1.1r8 Build 21111057
Invoking: Print Size
elfsize "test.elf"
Total sizes:
ROM: 0x371f (14111) = code: 0x23be (9150) + romdata: 0x1361 (4961)
RAM: 0x9515 (38165) = data + bss
Finished building: test.siz

rm [...removed for readabilty]
Libraries/iLLD/TC37AED/Tricore/_PinMap/IfxAsclin_PinMap.d:5: *** target pattern contains no '%'. Stop.
make: *** [makefile:70: all] Error 2
"make --output-sync -j8 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

14:49:49 Build Failed. 2 errors, 0 warnings. (took 12s.876ms)

Build Active Project:

[...]

TASKING VX-toolset for AURIX Development Studio (non-commercial): ELF size v1.1r8 Build 21111057
Invoking: Print Size
elfsize "test.elf"
Total sizes:
ROM: 0x371f (14111) = code: 0x23be (9150) + romdata: 0x1361 (4961)
RAM: 0x9515 (38165) = data + bss
Finished building: test.siz

echo 'hello'
hello

14:52:09 Build Finished. 0 errors, 0 warnings. (took 2s.777ms)

------------

Symptom: After adding a post-build step, the project does  not finish a clean build sucessfully. A second build will finish succesfully without issues.

Would you please have a look at it, what is the issue?

Regards,

0 Likes
1 Solution
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Dear User,

Thanks for question. It looks like related with post build step which impacts the make all process.

I will forward to related team for investigate. By the way, please try a workaround as below

1. Open ADS
  2. Open your project and right-click to select Property
  3. In the Builders window, you can add your Builders which could be a command batch file.

Note that you need to switch to CDT Console after your batch file finished and result displayed.

Regards,

dw

dw_0-1642142904439.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Di_W
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Dear User,

Thanks for question. It looks like related with post build step which impacts the make all process.

I will forward to related team for investigate. By the way, please try a workaround as below

1. Open ADS
  2. Open your project and right-click to select Property
  3. In the Builders window, you can add your Builders which could be a command batch file.

Note that you need to switch to CDT Console after your batch file finished and result displayed.

Regards,

dw

dw_0-1642142904439.png

enrico_b
Employee
Employee
First like given 10 sign-ins 5 solutions authored

Thank you for submitting the issue. I was able to analyze it and isolate the problem.

Long story short, the issue is caused by a mix of two things:

• How the post-build step is configured in the generated makefiles by ADS
  • The format of the *.d files generated by the TASKING Compiler, which is not 100% compatible with MAKE and needs post processing, which is not performed before the post-step execution

A solution has been already identified, but unfortunately is not trivial and needs further internal discussion. For the moment please consider the post-step as non supported in ADS, and use the proposed alternative solution.

Thank you for reporting!

Regards.

0 Likes