WHD driver has included "wiced_resource.h" under resources->clm->component4343W

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
aniruddhann
Level 1
Level 1
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

Trying to port the WHD driver, (WITHOUT WICED IDE), there are some include files like  "wiced_resource.h" under resources-> clm -> component4343w. Is the "wiced_resource.h" a WICED filesystem? Is it specifically for WICED environment only?If yes, then I believe that still I can use the same APIs but with other (internal/extrenal) file system, right? If the resource module comes into the picture while FW Download Module?

The doc mentions that - 

* The Resource could be one of the three locations

* - Wiced Filesystem (File System)
          * - Internal Memory (Embedded Flash memory)
          * - External Storage ( External Flash connected via SPI interface)

so, if I am not using Wiced Filesystem (as I am not using Wiced IDE), I shall use either of the other two options (internal/external). And the offered API such as resource_read, resource_get_readonly_buffer, etc. can be used. Is this correct? Please correct me if wrong & provide some more info. Thanks !!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @aniruddhann ,

Yes, if you are not using  Wiced IDE , you can use either of the other two options (internal/external) locations.

And you can use the Resource Management API's present.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rakesh_BG
50 solutions authored 100 replies posted 100 sign-ins

Hi @aniruddhann ,

Yes, if you are not using  Wiced IDE , you can use either of the other two options (internal/external) locations.

And you can use the Resource Management API's present.

Thanks,

Rakesh B G