BCM43340XKUBGT Direct test mode for EN 300 328 certification for BLE

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dburton
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

We are sending a device though certification for BLE and was requested by the test lab to provide the following. 

1. For Receiver blocking, need conducted sample which with the Direct Test Mode(DTM) enabled

I need assistance on how to configure the device to meet the requirement. 

0 Likes
4 Replies
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @dburton ,

Can you please check details in CyBluetool user guide? This should be helpful.

0 Likes

Hello, 

This is a device with the chip integrated into it and not a dev kit. Is this still possible with it set like this. We are trying to solder some wires to the BT_UART_ lines from the chip and add a uart to usb adaptor but it does not seem to work right now. Does the chip need to be in a certain mode to enable the HCI communication. Since this is an integrated device we have our device FW which controls the chip and I know we might need to configure the chip correctly for this to work.

0 Likes
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

You may have to download the bt_mfg test available in WICED SDK to work with CyBluetool : /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/test/bt_mfg_test

https://community.cypress.com/t5/Resource-Library/Module-Partner-Ecosystem-Tools-for-Getting-to-Prod...

0 Likes

From a discussion with someone on our software team they are not sure this would be possible. This is from our software team.

From reading the file bt_mfg_test.c (a different file), I think the way it works is to have an MCU between the PC and the BCM43340 chip, and we need to download to that MCU the bt_mfg_test (like mentioned in the community Cypress thread). That MCU translates the commands passed from PC then passes it to the BCM43340. Therefore, I don’t think we can use bt_mfg_test
Another thing is that the lap that requested this does mention being able to connect to a call box. Is it possible that we can use a callbox connection instead of the cybluetool? Specifically what would be needed to connect this chip to a call box like the CMW500 over the BT connection. 

0 Likes