PRoC CYBLE Hibernate wakeup time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ZiSh_3434191
Level 3
Level 3
First solution authored 5 questions asked First like received

I'm using a CYBLE222014-01, and need to optimize the battery use.  I have two questions about hibernate mode:

1.  There is conflicting documentation about the wakeup time:

• The datasheet (PRoC™ BLE: CYBL1XX7X Family Datasheet, 001-95464 Rev. *K) says on page 22 the wakeup time is 0.7 ms. 
  • The AppNote (AN92584 Designing for Low Power and Estimating Battery Life for BLE Applications) says on page 3 the wakeup time is 2 ms.  

Which document is right?

2.  During this ambiguous wakeup time, the processor is transitioning from hibernate (150nA) to active mode (13,400,000nA).  This has obvious effects on the power budget.  What is the current consumption during the transition?  Which figure should I use?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello,

We don't have any power spec for this transition time. It might be the transition time to active mode so the current should ideally increase to active current.

The delays at the startup code is to allow various clocks to settle. The device will be in active mode during this time.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Yugandhar
500 solutions authored 1000 replies posted 5 likes given

Hello,

T_Hibernate time wake up from Hibernate mode is 2ms for CYBLE-222014-01 module as shown in attached image. Please refer to the CYBLE-222014-01 module datasheet for more information.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes

Thanks @Yugandhar.  What is the current consumption during this transition?  There is also this thread about cyfitter inserting a 500ms delay before code is executed.  Is this 500ms at 150nA (hibernate) or 13.4mA (active)?  This is important to know when planning the hibernation cycle.

0 Likes

Hello,

We don't have any power spec for this transition time. It might be the transition time to active mode so the current should ideally increase to active current.

The delays at the startup code is to allow various clocks to settle. The device will be in active mode during this time.

Thanks,
P Yugandhar.

0 Likes