Issues with configuring an embedded device to use cybluetool.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
dburton
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello, 

We have a BCM43340XKUBGT chip embedded on out product and need assistance on how to configure the setup to work with the cybluetool so that we can run certification testing on the product. 

originally asked this question and the response was to sue cybluetool: https://community.cypress.com/t5/Wireless/BCM43340XKUBGT-Direct-test-mode-for-EN-300-328-certificati...

The issue that I am having is I have been unable to get a response from the device to the program. When using an oscilloscope to probe the UART lines I see the TX signal being sent from the PC to the chip but on the RX path I don't see any response form the chip.

I would like any more assistance that can be given on if there is any specific mode that I need to put the device into to get cybluetool to communicate and any hardware requirements.  Is there a specific UART to USB cable that is known to work that I can check with. 

From my side I am not sure if the issue is with the physical connection of the cables being soldered to the txd/rxd, if the chip needs a specific setup to enable the connection or if the uart to usb that I am using is not correct for this function. Any information that can be provided would be good.  

0 Likes
1 Solution
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @dburton ,

You may have to download the bt_mfg test available in WICED SDK to work with CyBluetool : /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/test/bt_mfg_test

Then try to send some basic commands from CyBluetool & check if you get the response.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @dburton ,

You may have to download the bt_mfg test available in WICED SDK to work with CyBluetool : /43xxx_Wi-Fi/apps/test/bt_mfg_test

Then try to send some basic commands from CyBluetool & check if you get the response.

0 Likes