Externally overriding CYSPP pin - CYBT-343026-01

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
l4m4l
Level 2
Level 2
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Hello

I need to externally (set high and low) control the CYSPP pin on the CYBT-323026-01 module. I am running the latest 1.2.29 EZ-Serial firmware. I understand from the EZ-Serial datasheet (https://www.cypress.com/file/452971/download), table 8-2 that the host should be able to pull this pin low in order to put the module into CYSPP mode, and then high to exit.

I am unable to override the default boot-state of the CYSPP pin using my mcu GPIO. I have the GPIO pin connected through a voltage divider to bring the voltage down from 5v->3.3v, and have set the pin output to low. This does not override the default boot state of high, and the module is not switching to CYSPP mode.

The only way I can enter CYSPP mode is to manually ground the pin, but this is not feasible for my application.

Is there an easy way to control this pin high/low?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution
l4m4l
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for your response Owen

I ended up solving this by using a transistor to ground the pin when my GPIO was set high. This has seemed to solve the problem for my purposes.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Can you change the drive mode of the host MCU? When the output is high, it is high impedance mode; when the output is low, it is connected to GND. Then you can connect the Pin directly to the module.

0 Likes

@Owen_Zhang123 I have a related question regarding the CONN pin. I am trying to monitor this pin with my 5v mcu to track successful connections.

When connected directly as a digital output to my mcu, the CONN pin is unreliable and doesn't consistently output logic level 1 whilst connected, but rather flips high for a split second before outputting low.

Is there a wiring / interfacing guide for Cypress modules?

Thanks

0 Likes
l4m4l
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for your response Owen

I ended up solving this by using a transistor to ground the pin when my GPIO was set high. This has seemed to solve the problem for my purposes.