How to configure IMC301's UART0 as User UART mode?

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
zlz
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi,

am using IMC301-T064 device. I have alreay download the .ldf and param.txt to MCE T-core and the motor could running. Now I want to use an additional MCU(stm32f103) to communicate with T-Core derectly(not through A core). I check the MCESW-RM-UserManual, which indicates  the default configuration is MCEDesigner→uart0→T-core. Here is the evidence:

zlz_0-1643532981542.png

Then I found that if I want use an additional MCU  to communicate with T-Core derectly(not through A core), I need configure UART0 as User UART mode. So I tried two methods (JCOM method and param.txt method to change the Static Register InterfaceConf0 ) to configure uart0 as User Uart, but it failed. 

When I use  A-core through JCOM to configure T-core's static register InterfaceConf0, It always failed. But I can use this method to configure other registers, such as  HwConfig  and so on. Are these registers of  APP ID=0  can not be changed?

zlz_1-1643533563106.png

I don't know  my thinking is right or wrong. Please tell me how to configure uart0 as User Mode if my thinking is right. On the below,  I will upload my .mc2 file.

Thanks everybody,

zlz

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @zlz,

Hope you had a good vacation!

Ques: My question is: The pins of UART1 are on the A-core, could I configure UART1 as the bridge between stm32f103 and T-core?

Krupashankar_0-1644241321901.png

Please use the A-core UART for communication purpose of stm32f103 and T-core.

Ques: Cause I do not use A-core, maybe IMM101T should be used to replace IMC301?

If you are not using A-Core you can consider using IMM101T

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @zlz,

Thanks! for posting in our Infineon community.

We don't have the option to configure UART0 as user UART using MCE Wizard.

If you trying to configure UART0 as user UART then you will not be able to use MCE Designer.

Have you tried using script to configure( Initialize) UART0 as user UART and then configuring using JCOM?

Could you please let us know what are all the communication between A-Core and T-Core?

Ques: I want to use an additional MCU(stm32f103) to communicate with T-Core derectly(not through A core).

You can also configure UART1 to user UART if you are not using JCOM. You can disable JCOM ( Parameter 22 in MCE Wizard)

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

Hi.@Krupashankar,

Thank you for your reply!

I'm on Spring Festival holiday these days.

I've never used script to configure( Initialize) UART0 as user UART. I've not studied yet!

I know from the maual that IMC301 have two cores, the MCU core named A-core and the MCE  core named T-core. The communication method  between two cores was JCOM.

Here is my understanding: There are two methods if i want to control T-core using an additional MCU(such as stm32f103). One is stm32f103 ----(UART0)-----T-core, another is stm32f103----(UART1)----A-core-----(JCOM)----T-core. I want to use the first method but can't configure UART0 as User Mode.  

You said that i can configure UART1 to user UART if  not using JCOM. My question is: The pins of UART1 are on the A-core, could i configure UART1 as the bridge between stm32f103 and T-core?

Cause I do not use A-core, maybe IMM101T should be used  to replace IMC301?

Thanks,

zlz

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @zlz,

Hope you had a good vacation!

Ques: My question is: The pins of UART1 are on the A-core, could I configure UART1 as the bridge between stm32f103 and T-core?

Krupashankar_0-1644241321901.png

Please use the A-core UART for communication purpose of stm32f103 and T-core.

Ques: Cause I do not use A-core, maybe IMM101T should be used to replace IMC301?

If you are not using A-Core you can consider using IMM101T

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes

Hi .@Krupashankar 

Thanks for you response.

I never knew UART1 can act as a bridge between STM32F103 and MCE in User Mode. I will try to do this.

Thanks a lot,

zlz

0 Likes