Digital Hall Implementation

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
motor_work
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Using imc101t at my own board, I control my pmsm with sensorless operation, there is no problem.

I want to use 3 digital hall sensors with imc101t ic with my own board. I have measured offset angle of hall to be 95 degree with the method it is described in mcesw user interface. i am sure that all three digital halls are connected to mcu and they are operating. I have compared all of the back emf signals and hall signals from scope. They are correct and offset is 95 degrees.

after initial parking motor does not accelerate it just stalls to a fixed position. What can be the reason? It behaves like constant angle calculation from hall signals.

Not to confuse, I have disabled the hall pll, also I have disabled openloop state.

I have put the HallAngle register to trace window in mce designer and rotate rotor shaft with my hand, even if i rotate it HallAngle also seems to be constant and not changing.I think it should change when i rotate by my hand, shouldn't it?

I have stucked and cannot go forward. is there anyone that can give me advice ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @motor_work,

Could you please try following and check if it solves the problem?

• Interchanging the phase cables
  • Interchanging the hall sensor lines 

Could you please share the MCE Wizard .mc2 configuration file this will help us identify if all parameters are configured accordingly.

Could you please try running in hybrid mode to compare the PLL estimator angle with Hall angle?

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Ramakrishnan_MK
100 sign-ins 25 replies posted 50 sign-ins

@motor_work 

Could you check the below points and get back:

1: Are the Hall sensors powered? (Supply and Gnd provided from your board)

2: Are the hall sensor outputs open drain outputs? do they have a pull up on board?

3: Can you probe the Hall sensor lines and check if the state changes when you are rotating the shaft by hand?

4: Is the MCE designer throwing any fault when the motor stalls. If yes, can you provide the details?

Regards,

Ram

0 Likes

Hı,

Sensors are powered, they are open drain type and all of the pull up resistors are mounted. 

I have checked the signals bu rotating the shaft with mu hand they are normal 180 degree duty cycle and 120 degree phase diff to each other.

Moreover, when i try to run the motor with imotion after parking state motor phase becomes DC and rotor is locked. It is somewhat seems that halls are not coming or maybe the order is wrong. But as i have described i have checked the halls. 

0 Likes
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @motor_work,

Could you please try following and check if it solves the problem?

• Interchanging the phase cables
  • Interchanging the hall sensor lines 

Could you please share the MCE Wizard .mc2 configuration file this will help us identify if all parameters are configured accordingly.

Could you please try running in hybrid mode to compare the PLL estimator angle with Hall angle?

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes