GATEKILL on IMD111

Announcements

From sunburn to sun earn – we’ve got the power! Watch our #poweringgreen videos now.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
n6xb
Level 2
Level 2
First solution authored 10 replies posted 5 questions asked

Using the IMD111 eval board, my motor runs fine when I load the default parameter file and default firmware file into the part.

However, if I then go back to MCE Wizard, create a new System Configuration file for my part and motor, or just use all the default settings in the configuration, I always get the GATEKILL message on the bottom Motor Status Fault  as soon as I have re-programmed the IMD111.  

It seems the default parameter file and the "create new system configuration file' are not the same.  How can I figure out how to get rid of this GATEKILL message?

Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Krupashankar
500 replies posted 50 likes received 25 likes received

Hi @n6xb ,

Please find the configuration file for IMD111 in below link:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-MCE_IMD111T-F040-Firmware-v01_03-EN.zip?fileId=5546d46276fb75...

This configuration file has proper power board parameters such as gate driver settings, Current amplification gain and Input current scaling  based on the parameters of IMD111. If we create new configuration file the parameters will take default values which may not match power board so please make sure to enter these parameters based on the power board.

If the current sensing parameters are not chosen properly that may lead to improper measurement  of current and it may trigger gate kill.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Krupashankar

Hi @n6xb ,

Whenever you create new configuration file many advanced motor control parameters will get changed to default value which may not match your power board and motor specifications.

Please select -> Customized design for expert in MCE Wizard and modify the parameters based on motor and power board configurations. Please select proper 91->Gatekill input source and 94->Gatekill filter time constant  in customized settings.

Can you please share us the existing MCE wizard file(.mc2)  default file and new configuration file this will help us in understanding the issue better. Please share us the motor specifications to compare and provide new configuration file.

Thanks,

Krupshankar

0 Likes
Krupashankar

Hi @n6xb ,

Please find the configuration file for IMD111 in below link:

https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-MCE_IMD111T-F040-Firmware-v01_03-EN.zip?fileId=5546d46276fb75...

This configuration file has proper power board parameters such as gate driver settings, Current amplification gain and Input current scaling  based on the parameters of IMD111. If we create new configuration file the parameters will take default values which may not match power board so please make sure to enter these parameters based on the power board.

If the current sensing parameters are not chosen properly that may lead to improper measurement  of current and it may trigger gate kill.

Thanks,

Krupashankar

0 Likes