xmc4800 - eMMC card with 8 data pins

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
senx0011
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 questions asked 5 sign-ins

Hi,

our processor is XMC4800-144pin.

we are confused if XMC4800-144pin could support an eMMC card with data-bus-width of 8 bits.

We want to utilize all the eight data bits.

however this section from Reference manual confused us:

senx0011_1-1670359999923.png

thank you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @senx0011 ,

As per my understanding of the information provided in the XMC reference manual, it is mentioned that one can transfer data in the form of 1 bit i.e. bit by bit or a club of 4 bits in SD modes.  In addition to this, as you can find in the XMC 4800 datasheet , there are 8 DATA_OUT and 8 DATA_IN pins for the SDMMC modules. Hence, one can use different forms(4 bits or 1 bit) to send the data and decide the numbers of data lines, one want to utilize. 

Meanwhile, the CPU is programmed to support SD, SDIO, SDHC and MMC cards, and can operate up to 48 MHz. The SDMMC module is able to transfer a maximum of 24 MB/sec for SD cards and 48 MB/sec for MMC cards.

I hope this helps. Please add here in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @senx0011 ,

As per my understanding of the information provided in the XMC reference manual, it is mentioned that one can transfer data in the form of 1 bit i.e. bit by bit or a club of 4 bits in SD modes.  In addition to this, as you can find in the XMC 4800 datasheet , there are 8 DATA_OUT and 8 DATA_IN pins for the SDMMC modules. Hence, one can use different forms(4 bits or 1 bit) to send the data and decide the numbers of data lines, one want to utilize. 

Meanwhile, the CPU is programmed to support SD, SDIO, SDHC and MMC cards, and can operate up to 48 MHz. The SDMMC module is able to transfer a maximum of 24 MB/sec for SD cards and 48 MB/sec for MMC cards.

I hope this helps. Please add here in case of any further query.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes