xmc4500 rtos spi example

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
I have Bought the Hexagon full application kit with all the connectors, I connected the ACT Board(AUT_ISO-v1) to the ACT connection ,I have been trying to establish SPI communication between xmc4500 cpu board and AUT_iso_v1 board with the DAVE RTOS example and the output must be blinking of leds on the AUT_ISO_v1 board with the GPIO led glow on the XMC4500 cpu board, But i can watch only the GPIO led Glow and the LEDS´s Present on the AUT_iso_v1 Board doesnt blink, is there something wrong I am doing or some Bug in the example?

Thank you,
Ravi.
0 Likes
3 Replies
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
ravi wrote:
I have Bought the Hexagon full application kit with all the connectors, I connected the ACT Board(AUT_ISO-v1) to the ACT connection ,I have been trying to establish SPI communication between xmc4500 cpu board and AUT_iso_v1 board with the DAVE RTOS example and the output must be blinking of leds on the AUT_ISO_v1 board with the GPIO led glow on the XMC4500 cpu board, But i can watch only the GPIO led Glow and the LEDS´s Present on the AUT_iso_v1 Board doesnt blink, is there something wrong I am doing or some Bug in the example?

Thank you,
Ravi.

Hi Ravi,

We tested this example and it is known to be working good. See picture attachment (screen shot from video)

Maybe you can review on your hardware setup which I think might be the cause of the problem.

Best Regards
Travis
0 Likes
Not applicable
Thank you Mr.Travis,

Yes, I think it is the Hardware Wiring Problem, Could you Detail the Pin Connections Shown in the Screen shot.

Best Regards,
Ravi
0 Likes
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi Ravi,

There you go...

Good luck !!!

Step 1: Connecting the extension board
1. Connect 1 piece of extension board to the COM edge connector of the CPU board.
2. Connect 1 piece of extension board to the ACT edge connector of the CPU board.
3. Connect 1 piece of extension board to the ACT edge connector of the AUT_ISO satellite card.
4. Power the AUT_ISO satellite card using external power supply.

Step 2: Inter connect wires between the extension boards
1. CPU card @ COM edge to AUT_ISO card @ ACT edge connector
Pin no. 4 (MTSR/MTSR0HW) to Pin no. 32 (SPI_MTSR)
Pin no. 6 (MRST/MTSR1HW) to Pin no. 34 (SPI_MRST)
Pin no. 3 (Clock out) to Pin no. 36 (SPI_SCLK)

2. CPU card @ ACT edge to AUT_ISO card @ ACT edge connector
Pin no. 15 (ChipSelect Job 2) to Pin no. 31 (CSA0)
Pin no. 80 (GND) to Pin no. 80 (GND)
0 Likes