very weird issue debugging XMC4700 in DAVE4 - pls help

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hello,

I seem to be unable to Debug my XMC4700 Controller on a custom PCB (no infineon kit) using DAVE4. However, running DAVE3 there is no issue and works as it should, using exactly the same setup. This would suggest there is some problem in the software or settings.
So I have a XMC4700 100x2048, I use SWD with a Segger Debugger (external), which works fine on other other boards. I can debug an XMC4700 on an infineon relax kit using the same debugger. This suggests there is something worng with my board.
Power supply is stable at 3.3V, there are no shorts all the pins are connected, I am very certain of that. Also I replaced the controller, so this should be fine.
Using the Jlink.exe I can properly establish a connection with the XMC.

The observations to be made change, and are always one of two outcomes, when trying to flash the controller.
1) No source available for "0x0" or
2) the debugegr does not "arrive" at the main function, but instead gets hold up here:

while ((SCU_PLL->PLLSTAT & SCU_PLL_PLLSTAT_OSC_USABLE) != SCU_PLL_PLLSTAT_OSC_USABLE)
{
/* wait till OSC_HP output frequency is usable */
}

which is in system_XMC4700.c

I have no idea what I've been doing wrong, I used all the standard setting in DAVE.
Please help me if you have any idea what is going on or have any suggestions how I can get out of this stupid mess.

Thank you very much 🙂
xxx
0 Likes
4 Replies
Travis
Employee
Employee
First solution authored Welcome! 500 replies posted
Hi,

First of all, I cannot understand how it is possible that you can debug or compile DAVE3 with XMC4700 as there is not support for XMC4700 in DAVE3.

For DAVE4 you need to have the SEGGER software version 5.02h Can you have a check on this?

3416.attach
0 Likes
Not applicable
Hi Travis,

Sorry I hab´ve nearby the same problem.
I worke with the XMC4500-kid and I'm able to debug my code in Dave3 but not in Dave4.
"No source available 0x0"
My Segger is:
J-Link ARM V4.80F
J-Link V6.00d
J-Link V6.12g
Thank you for any help!!

Bernd
0 Likes
User14248
Level 1
Level 1
First like received
Hello,

I also got this problem when debugging.
Is it fixed now?
Can you update a solution for this.

Thank you
0 Likes
jferreira
Employee
Employee
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins First like received
Which version of JLink software do you have installed?
When you use JLink commander and try to connect, do you get an error?
0 Likes