Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Not applicable
Hi,

The XMC user manual says that XMC1300 does not support external events. Page 2-37 in the xmc1300_rm_v1+0_2013_03.pdf says "Note: External events are not supported in XMC1300. Nevertheless, SEV instruction will
set the event register." Can this be true?
I want to get an interrupt when an external passive infrared sensor detects movement. The sensor has an open drain output which is pulled high by a pull up resistor so that a few sensors can be 'wire OR'ed'. The XMC does not have an external interrupt pin.
My application is a battery powered movement sensitive camera that needs to take a snapshot when it detects movement in its field of vision. In the absence of movement the system needs to go to low power mode to conserve battery power. how can I achieve this?
In the field the device will wait for movement sometimes for days. A periodic wake-up is not such a good idea because this will waste precious battery power.
The battery is three AAA alkaline batteries with a capacity of 1200 mAh and I need to get 2 yrs of life out of this. In active mode the application will draw max 400mA for 1s maybe 20 times a day but can also not see any activity for a few days inbetween.

Regds
Jack Frost
0 Likes
1 Reply
Not applicable
Hi Jack Frost,

XMC1000 doesn't have dedicated pin as external interrupt.
]But it is possible to created an external interrupt on the GPIO via ERU.
You can refers to this TIP of the day topic:
XMC1000 TIP of the day: Generating Interrupt from Port Pin
With this interrupt, you can put your system to sleep/deep sleep mode and only wakes up when this interrupt is triggered.
If you have any question regarding how to create the interrupt, feel free to post here.

Cheers.. :cool:
0 Likes