i2C without Acknowledge ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
PatrickB
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi, i am using a i2c dac converter galvanic isolated with a opto couper. It is not possible the dac send a Acknowledge because it is only one direction possible.  i there a parameter how tell the XMC do not wait for Acknowledge after transmitted data?

Patrick

0 Likes
1 Solution
Aashita_R
50 likes received 100 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi @PatrickB ,

As of now, there is no such particular parameter to tell XMC do not wait for acknowledge. However, in case you want to implement I2C without acknowledge, just keep sending data from the master. You do not need to wait for the acknowledge in the while loop. This should work.

Also, as per the I2C specification, I2C slave is supposed to provide an ACK so as to let the master know that the transfer is complete. But in case you want to avoid that, please try the above given action.

Best Regards,

Aashita

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Aashita_R

Hi @PatrickB ,

Can you please let me know the exact part number which you are using? 

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes
PatrickB
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi, i use XMC1302-T038X0064  in my project

Patrick

0 Likes
Aashita_R

Hi @PatrickB ,

As of now, there is no such particular parameter to tell XMC do not wait for acknowledge. However, in case you want to implement I2C without acknowledge, just keep sending data from the master. You do not need to wait for the acknowledge in the while loop. This should work.

Also, as per the I2C specification, I2C slave is supposed to provide an ACK so as to let the master know that the transfer is complete. But in case you want to avoid that, please try the above given action.

Best Regards,

Aashita

0 Likes