Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Amit10
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Sir,

We want to develop our custom inverter for the custom motor but I am not sure how could we decide on phase current for the bldc motor.  Since we are using 48V for 750W, the battery current will be 750/48=15.625A but how could we decide the motor's phase current? Could you guide me on this approach?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Sahil_K
First like given 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @Amit10 ,

Maximum motor phase current is determined by insulation class, the thickness of the conductor, efficiency and etc. So, we would recommend you to contact the motor manufacturer for further details regarding the motor specification.

If you have any questions specifically on the Infineon products we will be glad to help you out.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Sahil_K
First like given 100 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Hi @Amit10 ,

Maximum motor phase current is determined by insulation class, the thickness of the conductor, efficiency and etc. So, we would recommend you to contact the motor manufacturer for further details regarding the motor specification.

If you have any questions specifically on the Infineon products we will be glad to help you out.

Best Regards,
Sahil Kumar

Amit10
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins First like given First reply posted

Thanks for your reply. My motor is running but since I have saved the commutation pattern inside the Flash Memory with the help of the  BLDC_SCALAR_HALL_XMC13_uCProbe example code. But after running this code our custom motor runs sometimes and sometimes it does not run and shows an error message wrong hall pattern. In order to get the correct hall pattern even after enabling the Hall pattern Learning, Hall learning pattern is not working.Even I replaced entire code and uploaded the entire new code still Hall pattern learning is not working.

Could you guide me how could I can handle wrong hall pattern fault and can get true hall pattern

and  and enable Hall learning Pattern in the BLDC_SCALAR_HALL_XMC13_uCProbe  since Hall pattern Learning Mechanism is not working inside this code since I have saved the configuration inside the Flash Memory.

0 Likes