Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MSE
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

How to add assembly file to C project in DAVE IDE. Copied the .s file to project but compiler did not compile .s file.

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
sujatapatil
50 solutions authored 10 likes received 100 sign-ins

Hello,

Please also check properties tab to include path for assembly files . screenshot is attached for  reference.

Thanks

Sujata

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Giraffe1492
Level 5
Level 5
25 sign-ins 25 likes received 10 solutions authored

To add an assembly file (.s) to your C project in DAVE IDE, you need to follow these steps:

1. Copy the .s file into your project folder.
  2. In DAVE IDE, right-click on your project in the Project Explorer and select \"Refresh\" to update the file list.
  3. Right-click on the .s file in the Project Explorer and select \"Properties.\"
  4. In the Properties window, go to \"C/C++ Build\" > \"Settings\" > \"Tool Settings\" > \"MCU GCC Assembler\" > \"General.\"
  5. Check the box for \"Assemble all files in the project.\"
  6. Click \"Apply\" and then \"OK\" to save the changes.
  7. Build your project. The .s file should now be compiled along with the other files in your project.

Make sure that your assembly file has the correct syntax and is compatible with the MCU GCC Assembler used in DAVE IDE. If you still encounter issues, double-check the build settings and ensure that the .s file is included in the build process.

https://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/microcontroller/legacy-microcontroller/other-legacy-mcus/dav...

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
sujatapatil

Hello,

Please also check properties tab to include path for assembly files . screenshot is attached for  reference.

Thanks

Sujata

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi ,

I have not heard from you since my response. I assume that this is because the issue is resolved and you are busy with other important work.

If, however, the issue is not resolved, please do let me know and I shall work with you to ensure that the issue is resolved.

I will wait for another two days to hear from you. If I do not hear from you, I shall go ahead and close this case.

You can always reopen this case or create a new case for any other issue. We will be happy to help you in resolving your issues.

Thanks and Regards,

sujata

0 Likes
sujatapatil

Hi ,

Thread was locked due to inactivity for long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,

sujata

0 Likes